Oneplus 8 has started rolling out major updates to OnePlus 8 series devices. The OnePlus 8 has received Oxygen OS 8 update while the OnePlus 8 Pro has been updated to Oxygen OS 10.5.10.
This is a major update as it brings loads of bug fixes which were being reported by users. The update also improves the system stability and performance of the devices. There is a long list of things which has been done in this update, you can check out the changelog for all the new features and fixes.
Does the Oxygen OS 10.5.10 update bring OnePlus 8 Pro’s Photochrom camera filter back?
If you remember, Oneplus has removed the X-Ray Vision camera filter which is also known as Photochrom Camera filter in the previous Oxygen OS 10.5.9 update and at that time Oneplus has users that the photochromic camera filter will make a comeback and we think this update brings the X-ray camera feature back.
If you have updated your OnePlus 8 pro the latest update, you can check the Photochrom filter, Go to OnePlus camera app > now tap on the top right corner’s filter option > click the last option called Photochrom filter.
Check OTA update manually
So, if you’re already running the previous OxygenOs on your OnePlus 8 (Pro), then you can check for the software OTA update on your device for once. To do this, head over to the Settings – System – System update – Check for update. if available, you can download and install the OTA. Otherwise, you can manually do so by following our guide.
Oxygen OS 10.5.8 / Oxygen OS 10.5.10 Changelog
- Optimized the touch and interaction experience
- Optimized the expanded screenshot user experience for some scenes
- Optimized the power consumption performance of the system, battery life extended to be longer than ever
- Optimized the wireless charging stability, providing better user experience (OnePlus 8 Pro only)
- Optimized the pocket mode to reduce mistouches
- Optimized the unlocking animation, making the unlock transition smoother
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.05
- Updated GMS package to 2020.03
- Added the “Delete” button in the notification bar of incoming messages
- Added keyword whitelist option in SMS blocking settings, the messages with the specified keywords will not be blocked
- Newly added H.265 HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Added auto ultra-wide-angle lens feature when shooting at close range to improve picture quality of edges (OnePlus 8 Pro only)
- Optimized the click animation for camera shutter, boosting the smoothness of photo-taking experience
- Improved the shooting experience with camera and improved stability
- Improved the stability of communication
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfers
- Optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness
- Added Epic Games in Game Space. With one-step installation, check out Fortnite and many other Epic Games, all from Game Space
Download OnePlus 8 Pro Oxygen OS 10.5.10
#Indian Variant IN11DA
Download OnePlus 8 Oxygen OS 10.5.8
#Europe (IN21BA) – OxygenOS 10.5.7
#Indian Variant IN21DA
Note: Global variant’s OTA is not available yet.
We hope you’ve found this article useful. Keep visiting the blog for more info.