OnePlus has released OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 10 for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. The most highlighted change in Beta 10 is the addition of Bitmoji AOD feature which allows users to add a customized Bitmoji avatar on the Always-On ambient display. The steps to active Bitmoji AOD is given at the bottom of this article.
The OxygenOS 11 Beta 10 also brings May 2021 security patch, a bunch of fixes, and optimizations. The fixes include – recoding issue with headphone jack, abnormal display issue, status bar issue showing two SIM cards’ mobile data icons at the same time, call recording list update issue, contact details page display issue, and fixe some issues in Wi-Fi connectivity. For a more detailed look at new changes, see the complete changelog given below.
OnePlus 8, 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 Beta 10 changelog
- Improved the text display of the Setup Wizard
- Fixed the small probability issue where recording audio with headphones may not work as expected
- Fixed the abnormal display issue with the Setting‘s title when the Freeform Windows is enabled
- Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar displays two SIM cards’ mobile data icons at the same time
- Fixed the small probability issue that some covers of third-party music apps still display as lock screen even the music notification is removed
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Ambient display
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed by Snapchat & Bitmoji, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on the condition of date, time, weather and the music listening. ( Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji )
- Improved the audio experience when the phone is connected with OnePlus watch and OnePlus buds
- Fixed the issue that the call recording list is not updated in time after the system is upgraded
- Fixed the small probability issue that the details page of Contact is not displayed
- Fixed the issue that the calling content is not displayed
- Improved the video preview clarity under 4K 60FPS mode
- Improved the connection stability with OnePlus Buds
- Fixed the small probability issue that the non-default data SIM card in gaming mode can’t get access to 4G network
- Fixed the issue that the nearby Wi-Fi network cannot be switched intelligently
- Fixed the occasional failure to connect to Wi-Fi network
Steps to activate the Bitmoji AOD function
- Step1：Install Bitmoji App
- Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display- Bitmoji – install Bitmoji App in Google Play.
- Step2：login to Bitmoji and set cartoon characters
- Login to your ID, if you don’t have one please register. Set up your characters, download the Cartoon Character Pack by clicking on save.
- Go back to the Settings screen again – Customization – Clock on ambient display- Bitmoji, Click Options to save it.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.