OnePlus Nord is the company’s latest smartphone to receive Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 update. The device was launched back in July with Android 10 based OxygenOS 10 and now getting its first major OS update in the form of Android 11.
The update brings loads of new features to the OnePlus Nord which includes dark mode scheduling, a new UI design, a new weather widget, new weather animations, and speed optimizations.
OnePlus through its official forum shared that OnePlus Nord will start receiving the Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 update from today. It is currently rolling out as an incremental OTA update that will reach a limited number of users today. After confirming no major bugs, the company will plan a wider rollout. You can check for the latest updates manually by heading to Settings >> System >> System update.
OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) changelog:
- Update to Android 11 version
- The brand new UI design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimized the stability of some third-party apps and improved experience
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (Go to: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added the Canvas always-on display, which can extract the subject’s outline from any photo and display it on your lock screen (Go to: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Now supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (Go to: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Brand new shelf UI
- Newly added a weather widget with smarter animation effect
- Newly added the Story feature, which can automatically create the weekly stories by using your local photos and videos
- Optimized the loading speed to improve the image preview experience