OnePlus has been looking to expand the OxygenOS 13 Beta testing across more of its devices. Recently, OnePlus began the Android 13 Open Beta program for the OnePlus 9R and OnePlus 9RT. Now, OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Testing has started for the OnePlus 8 Series and OnePlus 8T.
OxygenOS 13 is OnePlus’ iteration of Android 13 firmware. It is a major OS update for OnePlus users and it’ll bring a lot of new features and improvements. If you’re a OnePlus 8 Series or OnePlus 8T user in India, this update will bring in support for 5G.
Changelog for the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Program
As for the features, the OxygenOS 13 will bring in most of the features of the upcoming Android 13 firmware. There are a lot of exciting features and changes with this new beta program.
- The OxygenOS 13 update will bring home the new Aquamorphic design elements to the OS
- There’s media playback control optimization for Quick Settings
- There is a brand new world clock widget that you can enjoy on your home screen
- The update features new markup tools for screenshot editing
- You’ll have the ability to create large folders on the home screen
- Enjoy HyperBoost GPA 4.0 for overall better gaming performance
How to be a part of the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Program
The open beta update has currently become available for the OnePlus 8 Series and OnePlus 8T users in India. If you own a OnePlus, OnePlus 8 Pro, or OnePlus 8T user, you can install the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Update on your device if you’re on the latest C.25 build. If you want to test the open beta build, you’ll be able to download the file and install it manually.
- OnePlus 8 OOS 13 Open Beta (IN)
- OnePlus 8 Pro OOS 13 Open Beta (IN)
- OnePlus 8T OOS 13 Open Beta (IN)
Download package for OOS 13 to OOS 12
Once you’ve downloaded the upgrade package on your OnePlus device, head over to Settings -> About device -> Version. After that, tap the build number 7 times for enabling developer options. Then, go to Settings -> About device -> Up to date. You’ll need to tap the icon on the top-right corner and then select Local Install -> Select the downloaded package. You should extract the package by allowing it on the popup and then upgrading the device. Once it is done, reboot your smartphone and enjoy the new update.