The latest OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 7 Pro (OTA) update is now officially made available. The new update brings the January 2020 security patch update to the device. It also brings Zenmode 1.5. The update has been rolled out as an OTA update globally.
Open Beta updates are only for those who have opted for the beta testing. In beta updates, OnePlus offers the latest upcoming features before to test them before the official stable update.
Now, the current software update brings so many bugs fixes, improvements, and newly added features as well. Open Beta 9 offers plenty of system optimizations like optimizing the network to provide a better gaming experience, enhance one-hand usage of the dialler app and system stability.
Check for OTA Update
The OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 7 Pro OTA update will start rolling out from the next week expectedly in batches. It may take some time to receive on all the OnePlus 7 Pro models globally. However, you can check for the OTA updates manually on your device.
Go to the phone Settings > System Updates > Check for update. Now, in this case, if the update isn’t coming on your handset for any reason and you want to install the firmware manually, check the guide. You can follow the ADB Sideload guide below as well.
OxygenOS Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 7 Pro: Changelog
- Enhanced one-hand usage for dialer app
- Optimized network for a better gaming experience
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.01
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Zen Mode V1.5.0
- Supported OnePlus Account login, synchronization of badges and historical data
- Fixed the weather app crashing issue
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain at least 60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro users.
- Make sure that you have the latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your Windows PC or Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you’re unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
How To Download Open Beta 9 for OnePlus 7 Pro
Note: Currently the full firmware file is now available, but you can download the app through Oxygen Updater app
Steps to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 9 on OnePlus 7 Pro
You can use two different methods to install the latest OOS Open Beta 9 update on your OnePlus 7 Pro manually. Both the methods are listed below, please read through to find out.
ADB and fastboot method
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. The USB debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 7 Pro. Make sure to download and copy the firmware OTA update file according to your device model. Now, follow the linked guide to Install the update with ADB Sideload.
Steps to Install OTA Firmware Updates via ADB Sideload Method
If you’re already using the Open Beta 5 version, then you can install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 7 Pro. Follow the steps:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 7 Pro
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you’ve updated your OnePlus 7 Pro device to the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 9 version easily. If you have any queries, please leave a comment below.