Poco has released its new Poco X2 smartphone that has quite good specifications in its price segment. As expected, the Poco X2 is the rebranded version of Redmi K30 which was launched in China a month ago. The users are liking the Poco X2 handset for its good looking design, 120Hz display refresh rate, good camera quality, bigger 20:9 aspect ratio display, Android 10 support, fast charging, and more. However, some of the users have already got some issues like black screen or heating issue or battery draining or connectivity problem, etc. Here we’ve shared all the possible Poco X2 Problems and Fixes below.
To recall, the Poco X2 comes with a 6.67″ Full-HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, HDR10, 120Hz refresh rate, 500 nits brightness support. It runs on Android 10 on the top of MIUI 11. The device has a Snapdragon 730G processor, 6/8GB RAM, 64/128/256GB internal storage. There is a hybrid SIM slot for microSD card expansion as well. It has a quad rear camera of 64+8+2+2MP lens that offers wide, ultrawide, macro, depth mode with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, Dual-LED flash, etc. The dual front cameras of the 20+2MP lens feature HDR mode. The 4500mAh battery with 27W fast charging support offers a full day-long battery life.
Some of the Common Poco X2 Issues and their Fixes
Just like other smartphones, Poco X2 also has some flaws or issues that users are experiencing for a while. Users have reported multiple issues either that will be software-related or hardware-related. Here we will provide some of the possible solutions to fix all of these issues.
Note: These are the common issues some users may experience. We have tried our best to give a potential solution to each of the issues. We will keep adding new issues and fixes to the post with time.
1) Black Screen Issue & Fix
Most of the smartphones these days come with improved displays that offer the best in class features. However, the black screen issue on your device can happen due to the software glitch or any other problem. if your device is facing this issue, you will need to follow some of the steps below.
- Make sure that the device is charged at least 20-30%.
- Try to restart your handset to get rid off this issue.
- You will need to check the display condition properly. if the display is damaged from outside or internally, go to the service centre for further help.
- Additionally, you can connect your device to a PC using a USB cable to check whether the PC detects the device or not. And if the device beeps while connecting or disconnecting, you can understand that the phone is turned on.
2) Heating Issue & Fix
If in case, your Poco X2 is getting heated very quickly or most of the time the device feels hot enough on your palms than the regular temperature, then you will have to take care of these steps.
- Check whether the device battery charger and the power outlet are working fine.
- Then make sure to check the battery health by using any application. You can find plenty of apps from the Google Play Store.
- Close all the background running apps forcefully and reboot your device. Then check the device whether it’s overheating or not.
- Uninstall all the unnecessary apps from the device. Most importantly, go to the battery status and check for the most battery consuming apps. If those apps are necessary, try to manage or clear cache from the app settings.
- Finally, check whether the battery is physically damaged or not.
3) Battery Draining Issue & Fix
- Turn off all the connections like Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth, etc and enable Airplane mode. Next, turn off the Airplane mode and start using the device again.
- Clear app cache from the Settings > Apps and Notifications.
- Close all the background running applications.
- Don’t use any local charger or USB cable or power adapter or power bank. Make sure that the power outlet for charging is in good condition.
- If there are any pending app updates available, just update them all.
- Check for a software update as well and if any software update is available, download and install it.
4) Connectivity Issue & Fix (Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth)
Whether you’re facing Wi-Fi or Mobile Data or Bluetooth related issues on your Poco X2 handset, you can always perform some of the tasks to fix it in most cases.
- Turn off all the connections on your device and reboot it for once. Then enable Airplane mode and wait for a couple of seconds. Finally, turn off the Airplane mode and check whether the issue has been solved or not.
- Reset the Network Settings on your device.
- For mobile data users, it’s recommended to remove the SIM card and reinsert it again.
- For Wi-Fi/Bluetooth users, try to forget the Wi-Fi network/delete the Bluetooth device from the settings. Then retry to connect the network or Bluetooth again and check.
5) Ghost Touch Issue & Fix
- Reboot your device at first and then clean the touchscreen display properly.
- If you’ve placed any screen protector or glass protector on the display, just peel it off and try again.
- You can also remove the phone case and check for the issue.
- Make sure that all the apps are updated to the latest version.
- Check and update the software version on your handset.
- Finally, you can perform a Factory reset to your phone to fix this issue.
6) Speaker Issue & Fix
- First of all, check whether the speaker vent/grill is damaged or not. Sometimes, due to the pressure or accidental drop towards the speaker’s side, the speaker can’t work properly.
- Check and download the device firmware, if available.
- Clear all the background running apps and check for pending app updates as well.
- Force restart your device.
- You can also plug-in the headphone jack into the 3.5mm port and pull it back.
- Try to boot your device in Safe Mode and check whether the issue persists or not.
- If you can, try to clean the speaker grills using a dry cloth.
- You can also do a factory reset on your phone.
We hope you’ve successfully fixed all the common Poco X2 Problems and Fixes.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.