In this guide, you will learn How to Root Android M Preview in 5mins.Here, First we have to Flash tWRP recovery then just have to installed SuperSu to get root access on Android M Preview
Google has already released Android M developers preview for Google Nexus 5,6 and 9.If you have installed Android Marshmallow on your Nexus device and want to root it then you are in the right place.Here I share a very simple step by step guide on How to Root Android M Preview in 5mins.
Important: Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin rooting your device.This is only for Android M preview not newly released stable builds
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Remember Before rooting:
- Rooting your phone can void your warranty
- After rooting, you can tweak your phone
- You can unroot it if you want
- You can overclock or underclock your CPU to make your phone faster
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader
How to Root Android M Preview in 5mins
- Backup your device completely in case anything goes wrong you can restore to previous ROM
- Charge your device to sufficient battery level.More than 50% is recommended
- Enable USB debugging
- Install Android SDK for ADB and fast boot. Or download the Android tools package and move its content to the directory where you’re going to work.
Download these files and transfer them to internal memory of your device
SuperSU root package: BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip | Mirror
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Nexus Running Android M
- First Connect your N5 or N6 to the PC via USB cable.
- Open CMD (Command prompt) if in Windows, or Terminal in Ubuntu or Mac, and cd to the location where the TWRP image has been downloaded.
- Issue the following command to reboot the Nexus into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now when the device has entered fastboot/bootloader mode, type the command to flash the TWRP image:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x.x-devicename.img
- When done, highlight Recovery using the volume keys and select it using the power button to reboot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Now TWRP is installed on your device, its time to install the blu_spark kernel and SuperSU root packages.
- Boot your device into recovery if you are not
- Tap on the Install button on the TWRP main screen.
- Browse and select the kernel zip package (e.g. blu_spark_r14-m_hammerhead_763e9e0.zip).
- Once the file is selected, swipe the button at the bottom to start the flashing process.
- Once the installation is completed, return back to the TWRP main screen.
- Now, just flash the SuperSU root package (BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip) (Same way you did the custom kernel)
- When the flashing is done, tap on Reboot system.
DONE!!!!You have successfully rooted your Nexus 5 or Nexus 6 running Android M.
To verify the root status install Root Checker.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.