Samsung launched its budget range smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy A3 last year. The device was launched with Touchwiz OS based on Android Marshmallow 6.0. It was recently updated to the latest version of Android Nougat 7.0 along with latest security patches.
If your device was updated to the Nougat firmware recently, then you can use the following guide to install TWRP and root your Samsung Galaxy A3 2016. By rooting your device you would enable super user access, which means you get more functionality and can do more things using apps which support root.
Also, rooting your device allows you to install Custom ROMs fron your recovery. Custom ROMs are Android based operating systems which have more features and customization options than the Stock Touchwiz OS.
Even though you can benefit from a lot of thing if you root your phone, you have to remember that you will not receive any OTA update in the future. So, if you still want to root your Samsung Galaxy A3 2016, follow the step by step guide below.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Steps to Root And Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A3 2016
Install TWRP Recovery
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are Installed on your PC.(Download USB Drivers)
- Download the TWRP File For Galaxy A3 2016 from the download section above
→ Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery On Galaxy A3 2016 > How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
Steps to Root your device via TWRP
- Download the SuperSU zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. (press and hold the Volume Down button + Home button + Power button at the same time.)
- Select “Wipe” from the TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select SuperSU (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the SuperSU installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your zip file is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
Hope you found this article helpful. If you have queries let us know in the comment section below.