Now Samsung Galaxy A71 can be rooted. Nowadays gaining root access on Android device is easier. Even without Custom Recovery like TWRP, it can be achieved. For last couple of months, Magisk has been the best rooting tool available for Android.
Here in this guide, we will be using Magisk manager to patch Stock Firmware and then flash the patch boot.img with Odin flash to get Samsung Galaxy A71 rooted. It may seem complicated but it is very simple to follow. We recommend you to follow all the steps without skipping to safely unlock the bootloader and root Galaxy A71.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the root files like Magisk. Now, we have to manually modify the stock boot image by patch to get root access on the device
How To Root Galaxy A71 with Magisk
#1 Unlock the bootloader
- Go to your device’s Settings > About phone and find your build number.
- Tap on the build number 6 times until you see “You’re now a developer”.
- Now Search for Developer options in the setting search box, then Developer Options > enable OEM unlocking.
- Now connect the device to your PC
- Power off your device holding the POWER and Volume DOWN
- Device will boot in DOWNLOAD MODE.
- Long press Volume UP to unlock the bootloader.
#2 Download stock boot image
- Download Stock ROM
Download the boot file according to your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, look for a .zip file. Open that file too, now you will see a file named boot.img (This is the official stock image or firmware)
#3 Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open magisk manager, On the main screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
#4 Finally, Root Galaxy A71
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file to the internal storage of the device (ROM folder).
- Use 7Zip to archive the .img file to .tar file which is compatible with Odin Flash Tool.
- Now, you have to download and install the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC.
- Make sure to install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your computer also.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy A71 into Download/Odin Mode with this similar guide.
- Connect your handset with the PC using a USB cable.
- When your device is connected, launch the ODIN tool.
- Next, load the magisk-patched.tar file in the AP section.
- Click on Options tab > select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- DO NOT select the Re-Partition.
- Finally, click on Start to initiate the rooting process on your device.
- Once done, your phone will restart automatically and will boot into the system.
- Congrats! Your device is now fully rooted.
Note: If you don’t want to unlock bootloader:
- Open Odin with Admin accesss
- Click on BL and select BL_A715FXXXU1AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603640_REV00_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Click on AP and select AP_A715FXXXU1AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603640_REV00_user _low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar.md5
- Click on CP and select CP_A715FXXXU1AXXX_CP14483800_CL16843479_QB27603640 _REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
If you want to keep your data don’t flash CSC
- Click on CSC and select CSC_OMC_OXM_A715FXOXM1AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603640_R EV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Click on USERDATA and select HOME_CSC_OMC_OXM_A715FXOXM1AXXX_CL16843479_QB27603 640_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Click on START and wait for installation, when done you can unplug your device.
If you’ve liked this guide, you can share it with others. If you have any quarries regarding this guide, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below.