In this guide, we will be able to learn How to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532F/M/G. The Galaxy J2 Prime is one of the many mid-rangers that Samsung has to offer, and is quite a popular phone in countries like India. However, the sad part is that the phone still runs on Android Marshmallow with little to none updates on Android Nougat.
A quirky thing that all Samsung users might be frustrated with is the amount of bloatware the devices come with. Everyone wants to remove the bloatware, and make their devices as clean as possible. This is only possible when you root your device. Rooting a device also brings forth a ton of features like being able to mess around with the system partition of your device, and installing applications that require root.
Whatever the case might be, if you are interested in doing so, follow our comprehensive guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532F/M/G.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Galaxy J2 Prime only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Make sure you have USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
- You need to have all drivers, including ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC.
- J2 Prime Root Kit – Download Here
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532F/M/G
- Extract the root kit you’ve downloaded above in a folder.
- Double click the ROOT-ENGLISH.exe file, and connect your Galaxy J2 Prime to your PC.
- If you already have drivers installed, type ‘no‘ and press enter.
- This will now boot your Galaxy J2 Prime in the Download Mode, and will open an Odin Window as well.
- On the AP button, select the root-boot.tar file and click on ‘start‘ to confirm the flash.
- The process will wipe off everything from your device, and unlock its bootloader.
- You device will continue some flashing stuff, and will show ‘Your device is rooted‘ when the installation is successful.
- Reboot your J2 Prime, and install the SuperSU app from the Play Store!
Good going, now you have a J2 Prime that is rooted! If you have any issues whatsoever, feel free to hit us down below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram