In this article, We’ll be showing you ‘How to Unlock Bootloader of LG K10. So if you are the user of LG K10 and you want to unlock the bootloader of the device so that you can install Custom ROM, recoveries, etc then you are totally at the right place. This guide will help you to Unlock the bootloader of LG K10.
It is important to Unlock Bootloader On LG K10, if you want to root your device or want to install any custom recovery, ROMs, Kernel & MODs.Once the bootloader is unlocked you can Flash modified system, boot images, kernel, custom recovery(TWRP/CWM) or other .img files on your device.
All the credit goes to pvineeth97, Senior member of XDA who had shared the required download files as well as the full steps. This guide will work with LG K10 LG K420DS OR LG K420N.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG K10 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed LG K10 on your PC
- Install ADB&Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
How to Unlock Bootloader Of LG K10 Easily
- First of all, download the ROM from the Download Section.
- Flash the ROM using LG UP tool, follow this guide to do so → How To Flash / Install LG Stock Firmware (ROMs) With LGUP Flash Tool
- Now you have to root your device, follow the below steps.
1. Download the twoAPK files from the download links
2. Go to Settings » Security » and enable “Unknown Sources.”
3. Firstly install KingRoot 4.81. A pop-up message pops up saying that the app is malicious. Nothing to fret up here, proceed by clicking “Install Anyway.”
4. Next, open the KingRoot application and click on the option Root. The device will reboot now. Open the app again, and the process will continue till it’s completed. Your device is now rooted.
- Download the aboot file from the download section.
- Now connect your device to Computer via the USB Cable.
- Open ADB and Fastboot
- Open CMD in that Window
- Type the following command in the CMD window,
- Now transfer the aboot file into /sdcard/ folder.
- Now type ‘SU’ to enter into the root shell.
- Now type this command,
dd if=/sdcard/aboot_patched.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7
- Now reboot your device, enter this command
- Done !
You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of LG K10.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.