The latest addition to the Zenfone family is the Asus Zenfone 9 and it comes with a long list of impressive specs. There are specs like the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset, 120Hz refresh rate, 16 GB RAM, Android 12, and more.
If this isn’t impressive enough, you can improve the user experience even more by unlocking the bootloader and making different tweaks to your phone. Be it for rooting your device, installing custom recovery, or flashing custom ROMs, there are many things to try. In this guide, you’ll get to know how you can unlock the bootloader on your Asus Zenfone 9.
Benefits of unlocking bootloader on Asus Zenfone 9
Unlocking the bootloader is essentially the gateway to extracting the maximum benefits of Android’s open-source ecosystem. For instance, you’ll be able to install custom ROMs or flash a custom recovery like TWRP. Likewise, you’ll even be able to gain access to the system partition and administrative privileges by rooting your smartphone via Magisk. It’ll allow you to easily flash Xposed Framework, Magisk Modules, Viper4Android, and Substratum Themes among others. Similarly, you’ll also be able to flash the firmware of different regions.
How to unlock the bootloader on your Asus Zenfone 9
- To start off, you should download and install the Asus Unlock Bootloader APK for your Asus Zenfone 9 by going to the following link
- Now, launch the app, scroll down to the bottom, and accept the License Agreement
- After that, you should scroll down to the bottom and hit the Agree button
- After that, type in the PIN, and your device will automatically reboot
- Once your Asus Zenfone 9 boots up, you will see the Unlocked Bootloader Warning Message
- That’s it, you’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Asus Zenfone 9