The Redmi Note 8 Pro has started receiving the new software update. The Global variant has been updated with MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global stable ROM. The update is tagged with software version number V220.127.116.11.QGGMIXM. The update brings June 2020 security patch.
The update is now made available online. You can download from the link below. Additionally, the interested users can also check for the OTA update Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update.
The new firmware update brings all the Android 10 goodies along with the exclusive MIUI 12 features and improvements like new system UI, animation transitions, privacy protection, improved system security, improved app permissions, new stock ringtones, new stock wallpapers, floating window mode, AI call assistant, improved control centre, Xiaomi Health, improved global dark mode, Mi carrier services, messaging, camera improvements, weather improvements, and more. You can check out the full update changelog below.
MIUI 12 – Changelog
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically-based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make the content structure clear.
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colours weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full-screen gesture.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split-screen and floating windows.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control centre.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control centre is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when the Control centre was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in the darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- New: Vlog feature for videos
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features upfront.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favourite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM
V22.214.171.124.QGGMIXM (Global Stable) – Download Link (Recovery ROM)
How To Install Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM
- Download the firmware file and save that in your device
- Now follow our manual flashing guide to install the ROM manually (follow the recovery method).