Xiaomi 12X was launched in December as the most affordable phone in the Xiaomi 12 series. The device is receiving a new software update that brings the January 2022 security patch, several optimizations, and fixes related to floating windows, themes, and cameras.
The latest software update for Xiaomi 12X comes with the firmware version V126.96.36.199.RLDCNXM. It mainly brings the January 2022 security patch that fixes various vulnerabilities to improve system security and privacy. The update fixes the floating windows freezing issue, the default theme auto applying problem in some cases, and the problem with the camera app where it was closing automatically.
Xiaomi 12X’s latest OTA update optimizes the image quality, fingerprint unlocks, and the feature that helps ignore accidental touch on the edges. The changelog also includes the addition of two new features – Beautify for WeChat video calls and Partial screenshots.
Xiaomi 12X new update changelog:
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2022. Increased system security.
- Improved system stability
- Floating windows
- Fix: Floating windows froze in some cases
- Fix: Default theme was restored unexpectedly in some cases
- Optimization: Image quality
- Fix: The Camera app was force closed in some cases
- New: Beautify for WeChat video calls
- New: Partial screenshots
- Optimization: Fingerprint unlock
- Optimization: A feature that allows ignoring accidental touch on the edges
Xiaomi 12X users in China have already started receiving the January 2022 security patch update. It might take a couple of days to reach all the users. Meanwhile, you can manually check for new updates by navigating to Settings >> About phone >> System updates.