In this article, We’ll be showing you How to download and install Gapps on Huawei Mate 9. If you are the user of Chinese Huawei Mate 9 and you have no Google Apps installed on your device and you are willing to download Google apps on your device then you are totally at the right place.
Thanx to a senior member of XDA ajsmsg78, who have shared his Gapps file from his MHA-L29 US version Mate 8, for those Chinese users of Huawei Mate 9 who are running their device without Gapps. Google Apps a.k.a Gapps Pack is must have on android in order to run any google apps like Play store, Gmail, google+ and other google applications.
The Main component of Gapps is Play Store, as without play store you can’t actually enjoy your android device, because if you can’t download apps like Games, Photo editing, Social apps, etc on your device then your smartphone is just useless. So this guide will help you to Download and install Gapps on the Chinese version of Huawei Mate 9. So let’s get started to our guide.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the following variants of the Chinese Huawei Mate 9.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Make sure your device is charged at least upto 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Follow each and every step of this guide.
How to Install Gapps on Chinese Huawei Mate 9
- First of all, download the gapps file from above and paste it in any storage you want to like; SD card or internal storage.
- Now open your favorite file explorer manager.
- Go to the folder where you have downloaded the gapps file, suppose you have downloaded in Internal Storage.
- Now, extract the gapps file and copy it.
- Now paste the file to this location in internal storage, system/priv-app directory.
- Now hold on the gapps file which you have copied and tap on permission.
- Set the permission to 0755.
- Done !!
If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask in the comment section. (Gapps on Huawei Mate 9)