[Official] Download/Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Moto X4: The Lenovo aka Motorola company released Moto X4 in 2017, October. The best part is they offer phones for everyone and for tremendous options of prices to choose from. Something that is light in the pocket and fulfils the heart’s content. The Moto X4 is the continuation of Moto X3 which is left off last year, and this device is worth upgradable in every aspect. Moto X4 comes with Android 7.1 Nogat out of the box. It is packed with the 5.2-inch display with 1080×1920 resolution at 424 PPI, 12 MP Primary camera, and 8 MP front-facing camera powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 with 4 GB of RAM and 3000 mAh battery.
Moto X4 got stable Android 8.0 Oreo via OTA and now available for download. The update is tagged with build number OPW27.57-40. This update is packed with new features like AutoFill, Adaptive Icons, Updated Emoji, Notification Dots, Picture -In- Picture Mode, Google Play Protect, 2X Boot Time and latest security patch. Follow the below step by step guide to download and install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto X4.
This Official Android Oreo update will be rolling out in phase manner. You can check for the update from settings -> about the device -> Software update. If there is no update, then you have to wait for the update to hit your device. It may take few weeks to reach all corners of the world. But if you can’t wait for the official OTA Update then you can manually install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto X4.
- This Update is only for Moto X4 device.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your device are installed on the PC.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent a sudden shutdown between the process.
- Moto X4 Android Oreo Full ROM
- Moto X4 Android Oreo OTA – Coming Soon
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto X4
- First, Enable “USB Debugging” on your Moto X4. Guide How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Now download and install adb drivers on your PC
- Install the Moto USB drivers On PC
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Moto X4.
- Then, switch off your phone and reboot into recovery mode (To do that First Switch off your phone, Now press and hold volume down button + power button.)
- Now execute the following codes
- Now, Install Nougat firmware executing the following commands.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img mfastboot reboot-bootloader mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot erase modemst1 mfastboot erase modemst2 mfastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin mfastboot flash dsp dspso.bin mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7 mfastboot flash system_b system_other.img mfastboot flash oem oem.img mfastboot erase carrier mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot erase ddr fastboot reboot
If you have any queries regarding this then ask in the comment section.
Hope you have installed Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto X4. If you any issues, let us know in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.