Asus is sending a new software update to Zenfone 7 and 7 Pro that brings April 2021 security patch for system security improvements. Although, this is not the latest security patch but fixes a couple of security and privacy related bugs.
The new update for Zenfone 7 and 7 Pro can be identified by version JP_126.96.36.199. It is currently rolling out in Japan but we can expect the update to start heading to other regions in the next few days. In addition to a new security patch, the update brings improvements to system stability, Wi-Fi tethering stability, and fixes display problem in the status bar and thumbnail disappearance issue in computer. The default Camera can now read QR codes as well.
- Zenfone 7 (ZS670KS)
- Zenfone 7 Pro (ZS671KS)
- Google Security Patch Update (April 5, 2021)
- Improved system stability
- Fixed a display problem in the status bar.
- Improved stability when using Wi-Fi tethering
- Fixed an issue where thumbnails could not be displayed on a computer
- Genuine camera app supports QR code reading
As usual, the update is rolling out in batches. So, you may experience some delay in receiving the update on your Zenfone 7 / 7 Pro. To manually check for the latest update, head to Settings >> System >> System updates.