Oppo R17 has started getting another major update. The Chinese variant of OPPO R17 has been updated to official ColorOS 7 which is based on Android 10. The update is being pushed to some users in the first phase. The update comes with version number PBEM00_11_F.01.
In an official post on coloros blog, the company stated (translated from Chinese) ” Dear friends, from now on, the long-awaited R17 model ColorOS 7 limited edition early adopters! Tips: The early adopter version focuses on functional verification testing. The version may have stability issues. It is only suitable for friends who want to try new features. Please upgrade carefully.”
In that post, they have clearly mentioned that a user must have the latest version of ColorOS on his device to be eligible for the update (version numbers: PBEM00_11_C.06, PBEM00_11_C.07, PBEM00_11_C.09). If you have the Chinese variant of the device and your device is on the latest software, then you can easily get the new Color OS 7 update. Follow the steps mention below
- Go System settings > Software Update > Now click the Gear icon in the upper right corner (settings)
- Now click upgrade to early adopters, click ColorOS 7 to limit early adopters
- Now fill the required details and Apply Now, to complete the application.
- Return back to the software update and click Check Update.
- Now there you should have the new update.
The update brings all the new Android 10 features to the device. It is a major update which we highly recommend users to install. Along with all the new features, the new update brings loads of bug fixes and improvements to the performance and stability of the device. If you want to read the full changelog you can visit the official source here
Image credit: 孤狼