Finally, there is a functional CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM13 Marshmallow ROM available For Xiaomi Mi 5.The CyanogenMod 13 ROM is shared On MIUI forums.The thread is in Chinese so I can’t understand a single word but the heading is in English so I can tell you this CM13 ROM is for Xiaomi Mi 5.If you want to install the ROM then follow the given steps to Download & Flash / Install CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Xiaomi Mi 5
As you know Xiaomi Mi 5 comes with Xiaomi’s own MIUI 7 OS, which is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.Some people like MIUI and some don’t.If you don’t like MIUI and want a clean vanilla android look and feel then you should install the CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Xiaomi Mi 5.CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM13 is also based On Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
It is a homemade ROM and currently in beta stage, so there may few bugs present and we are sure in future update everything will be fixed.For Bugs list, check out this Miui forum Post (It is in Chinese).Follow the guide carefully to Flash / Install CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Xiaomi Mi 5 (Gemini).It is a very simple and easy process.
As I mentioned before, it is an unofficial ROM.This ROM is not developed by team CM but based on their CM 13 source code and latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.It is a very clean ROM with some extra useful features.You will also get the DOZE Mode resulting in good battery life.Below we will be sharing Full step by step guide to Flash / Install CyanogenMod 13 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5
Supported Devices: This guide is only for Xiaomi Mi 5, So do check your model number before trying
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
→Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xiaomi Mi 5 while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.Guide > How to Root Xiaomi Mi 5 and Install TWRP Recovery
- Now from TWRP Recovery Take a full backup of your current ROM and files.
→ Safely Flash Unofficial CM13 Marshmallow ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5
If above ROM didn’t work try the unofficial ROM below
Another CM13 (Unofficial ROM) for Mi 5 (thanks to TechnologiesNext)
You can watch the technologiesnext’s installation video.Click here to watch the video tutorial
HOW TO FLASH / INSTALL CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Xiaomi Mi 5 ANDROID MARSHMALLOW 6.0.1
Step By Step Guide
*First read Pre-Requirement section carefully
- Download Both Un-Official CM13 For Xiaomi Mi 5 and Gapps Zip file from the download section above
- Next, Connect your device to Your Pc via provided USB cable
- Then Copy both downloaded files to the internal memory of your Xiaomi Mi 5
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode
- Now follow this guide to Flash The CM13 Marshmallow ROM On Xiaomi Mi 5 –>>How to Install CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Via TWRP Recovery
- Then Install Gapps.Guide > How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 13 Gapps
- Then return to the TWRP main menu and reboot system
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 13 then follow this guide–>>How to Enable Root Access on CM13
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.