One of the main selling-points of Android devices running the latest versions of Android was that of animations. To define the term ‘animations’ as in Android, it would be best to take it as the fancy movement of loading screens and applications from one place to another. For example, when you launch an application, you get a sweet animation whilst the application opens up from your app drawer. Animations have become such an essentiality in design language that one cannot imagine an OS built without it.
However, it is also the fault of these fancy animations that sometimes slow down your Android device. Sometimes, an application might get a force close error or would just lag due to these animations. It is because of the animations that you might feel your Android device getting older even though it is relatively newer. Well, if you really don’t like the time that it takes for the big animations in transitioning between applications, then we have got you well covered!
In this simple How-To guide, we will be leaving down some simple steps which when followed can disable or reduce the animation speeds of your Android device, and make them feel a ton faster. Without any further ado, let’s get right into it!
How To Disable Animations In Android
Follow these simple steps to disable animations on your Android device(s).
- Begin with hopping into the Settings application, either from your app drawer or from the quick settings panel.
- Scroll all the way down to ‘About Phone‘, and tap ‘Build Number‘ 7 times, and you will see a message reading ‘You are now a developer!‘. This means that you have enabled a hidden Settings tab in your Settings application.
- Get back to the main Settings menu, and search for the tab named ‘Developer Options‘. This is the menu you’ve just unlocked.
- Now, scroll all the way down until you find three options for tweaking the system animations.
- Window Animation Scale
- Transition Animation Scale
- Animator Duration Scale
- Now, you can choose any one of the following three sub-menus if you need only one specific kind of animation to be disabled or reduced. You can change all the scales if you feel that you can make do without any animations at all.
- If you want to disable all animations, then manually select each of the following options, and then select speed as 0.0x, or select the option ‘Disable‘ if you find it.
- Do this for the other two scales, and reboot your Android device for optimal performance.
Voila! With just a few minutes spent on your Android device, you were able to disable animations and make it even more faster than it already was! If you guys have any queries, then hit us down below in the comments section. If you think this trick helped you spruce up your Android device, then share this post with your other friends as well, after all, Sharing is caring! 🙂
For more such tips and tricks, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to ensure you don’t miss out on any new tips and tricks!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.