In this guide,e you will learn How to safely Install / Flash Gapps or Google Apps using TWRP recovery. This is only for TWRP recovery and not for Clockwork Mode a.k.a CWM recovery.Because TWRP is the most used custom recovery On Android. Now just follow the given steps to Flash Gapps via TWRP custom recovery
Gapp packs / Google App packs are needed on Android to run any Google applications like Gmail, Google+ and other. Most of the ROMS come only with the ROM files so we have to flash Gapps.Zip files separately. The latest Gapps are Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps / Official Gapps For Android 7.1 and 7.1.2 Nougat. If you are Flashing CyanogenMod ROM like CM13 then we recommend to Flash the CM13 Gapps pack. Guide > How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 13 Gapps
If your ROM comes with Google apps then you don’t have to Flash the Gapps again. But most of the clean ROMs like CyanogenMod or other AOSP ROMs don’t come with Gapps pack so you have to Install / Flash Gapps using TWRP recovery.
Download the right Gapp pack for your device
For CyanogenMod13 a.k.a CM13 ROMs -> How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 13 Gapps
Note: First Flash the ROM.Then Flash Gapps Pack.
- Some ROM Flashing Guides:
How To Install / Flash Gapps using TWRP Recovery
- Make Sure your device is rooted and you have a custom ROM and Recovery (TWRP) Installed.
- Download the Right Gapps pack from the download section above
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the file to the internal memory of your device
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery
- From TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select the Gapp .Zip file that you have downloaded with the ROM file
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the Google Apps installation process. This may take some time.
- Once done, reboot your device
Thats it.You have successfully flashed Google Apps or GApps on your Android device.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.