The popular OnePlus 9 Series has recently bagged the stable Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 firmware. However, the update wasn’t a big hit among the OnePlus community as it was full of bugs and glitches. Although the stable Android 12 update was released, it seems like it isn’t stable yet. There are many issues related to the black screen, battery drain, unusable refresh rate, standby battery drain, and other performance issues.
While users have been advised to wait for some time to install the OTA update, if you’ve already upgraded your OnePlus 9 Series device to OxygenOS 12, you’ll want to rollback. You can downgrade your OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, or OnePlus 9R from Android 12 to Android 11. In this article, you’ll get to know how you can do that without any issues.
Downloads links to downgrade from Android 12 to Android 11 firmware
Download links for OnePlus 9 rollback packages
Download links for OnePlus 9 Pro rollback packages
Download links for OnePlus 9R rollback packages
Download link for Zip files for OnePlus 9 devices (might wipe your data)
- 2.5.5 – OnePlus9Oxygen_22.0.08_GLO_0080_2105011322
- 2.8.8 – OnePlus9Oxygen_22.0.11_GLO_0110_2107082125
- 2.5.5 – OnePlus9Oxygen_22.E.08_GLO_0080_2105011322
- 2.8.8 – OnePlus9Oxygen_22.E.11_GLO_0110_2107082125
- 2.5.5 – OnePlus9Oxygen_22.I.08_GLO_0080_2105011322
- 2.8.8 – OnePlus9Oxygen_22.I.11_GLO_0110_2107082125
Download link for Zip files for OnePlus 9 Pro devices (might wipe your data)
- 2.5.5 – OnePlus9ProOxygen_22.0.08_GLO_0080_2105011322
- 2.8.8 – OnePlus9ProOxygen_22.0.11_GLO_0110_2107082125
- 2.5.5 – OnePlus9ProOxygen_22.E.08_GLO_0080_2105011322
- 2.8.8 – OnePlus9ProOxygen_22.E.11_GLO_0110_2107082125
- 2.5.5 – OnePlus9ProOxygen_22.I.08_GLO_0080_2105011322
- 2.8.8 – OnePlus9ProOxygen_22.I.11_GLO_0110_2107082125
Download the rollback application for your OnePlus device
The rollback application from OnePlus would greatly help you in downgrading from OxygenOS 12 to OxygenOS 11. This will come officially thanks to OnePlus developers and it is specially designed for devices running on Android 12.
- OnePlus MyApplication 2 rollback package – APK Download
How to downgrade from Android 12 to Android 11 on your OnePlus 9 devices
Step 1: Backup your data
The first step would be to back up your data. OnePlus Switch or Clone Phone will help you with backup and restore contacts, photos, videos, short messages, documents, files, apps, and system data. Remember that app data will not be backed up.
- Download the OnePlus Switch or Clone Phone by going to Google Play Store.
- Head over to Settings -> Utilities -> OnePlus Switch and then choose Backup and Restore -> New Backup.
- Select all the files that you want to back up.
- Simply tap on the Start Backup option.
- Now, copy the [opbackup] folder in your device’s storage to your computer.
Step 2: Flash the downgrade package
- Download the appropriate rollback package from the links mentioned above.
- Copy the Rollback package to your OnePlus 9 Series smartphone.
- Download and install this APK as you’ll need it for downgrading.
- Open the “MyApplication2” app -> tap LOCAL UPGRADE and then enter the Recent page. Then, simply tap the top-left menu icon -> choose your device’s model -> find the downgrade package, and then tap. You’ll be taken to another page where you’ll get an installation options alert. You need to tap on INSTALL NOW and then wait for the installation to finish. Then, tap on reboot.
- Once the update is completed, click on Restart and the rollback is successful.
Step 3: Restore
- Download the OnePlus Switch or Clone Phone from Google Play Store.
- Copy the [opbackup] folder from your PC to your device’s storage.
- Head over to Settings -> Utilities -> OnePlus Switch and then select Backup and Restore -> Restore.
- Choose all the files that you want to restore.
- Simply tap on the Start Restore option.