Feb 25, 2017 – Today Google has released Android 7.1.2 Nougat update for Nexus 6P. This is an incremental maintenance update mainly focused on improving device performance and fixing bugs. This is update is rolling out via OTA to BETA subscribers. You have to enroll your device in the beta program to receive the OTA notification. However, OTA update may take few weeks to reach all corners of the world.
Google is rolled out Android 7.1.2 update for eligible devices which are enrolled in the beta Android program. This is an incremental maintenance release mainly focused on bug fixes, optimizations, small enhancements for carriers and users. If you don’t to wait for OTA, then you can follow the below step by step guide to manually install Android 7.1.2 Beta on Nexus 6P.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- This Update is only for Nexus 6P Smartphones.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your device are installed on the PC.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Download link will be updated soon
You can keep an eye on this link for factory images
Steps to Install Android 7.1.2 Beta on Nexus 6P
- Download and install adb drivers on your PC.
- Download Android 7.1.2 Nougat ZIP file from above links.
- Unlock Bootloader of your Pixel device. (Ignore if already Unlocked)
- Save the downloaded ZIP file to ADB folder. (C:\adb)
- Extract the saved ZIP file in ADB folder.
- Reboot your Pixel device into Bootloader Mode. (To do that Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons together)
- Connect your Pixel device to PC.
- In ADB folder, press “Shift + Right mouse click” and choose on “Open command window here.”
- To make sure that your device is connected properly, execute the below command.
- Execute the below command to flash the firmware.
- After successful, installation your device will automatically reboot to latest Android 7.1.2.