Download and install Hydrogen OS v10 on OnePlus 5 | Download H2OS 10 For One Plus 5: Hello guys!! Today, in this post, we will be telling you about the latest Hydrogen OS v10 and how you can download and install it on your OnePlus 5. The Hydrogen OS v10 is based on Android 7.1 Nougat and comes with a lot of optimizations and changes from the previous Oxygen OS 4.5.10. This new update is designed for the Chinese variants but if you do want to install it on your regular or international variant then you can do it by following the instructions given in this post.
The Hydrogen OS v10 has only been released in China and maintained only in China. In other countries, the manufacturers provide the Oxygen OS. The Hydrogen OS, however, comes with a few negative points as it has a lot of Chinese bloatware, also it doesn’t come with the Google Play Store pre-installed.
If you want to install the Hydrogen OS v10 on your OnePlus 5, then all you need to do is complete few downloads, and then follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
What Is Stock ROM and What are its benefits?
Stock ROM’s are the ones that come pre-installed with phones or tablets. These are the versions of Android developed by the OEM’s for making their phones look unique. They also come with pre-installed with certain apps.
The reason for the usage of Custom ROM’s over Stock ROM’s are:
1) Security: These ROM’s are developed by big companies and hence there are fewer chances of malware/ virus affecting the phone.
2) Warranty: Installing a Custom ROM needs root access and this voids warranty of your smartphone in most cases. A lot of OEM’s do not allow the root access or customization.
3) Pre-installed apps and features: A lot of these ROM’s come with pre-installed apps which are sometimes useful. These apps vary between different manufacturers and even for models. Some OEM’s also give their customers premium features like Launchers, wallpapers, home screen, etc.
The Advantages Of OnePlus 5’s Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your OnePlus 5.
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem.
- Upgrade and Downgrade OnePlus 5.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- To fix the lag or stutter on OnePlus 5.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Install the USB driver on your phone.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- OnePlus 5 Hydrogen OS v10 Full ROM – Download
How to install Hydrogen OS v10 on OnePlus 5
#For Non-rooted Users
- First of all, download the Hydrogen OS v10 zip file by going to the link mentioned above and save it in the internal storage of your device.
- Now, turn off your device and boot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down + Power” buttons.
- Wipe off the data and cache if you want a clean installation in your device.
- In the Recovery, select your preferred language and go on to select “Install from Local” option.
- Select the zip file which you downloaded in step 1 and then click on “Install” to start the process.
- Wait until the installation completes and reboot your device.
#For Rooted Users
- For this method, you need to have TWRP recovery pre-installed on your device.
- Download the Hydrogen OS v10 zip file by going to the link mentioned above and save it in the internal storage of your device.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode (TWRP) and then take a Nandroid backup of the data.
- Go to Wipe -> Advance Wipe and select Dalvik & Cache, and then Swipe to Wipe.
- Go back and click on the Install menu, and select the Hydrogen OS ROM zip file downloaded in step 2.
- Now Swipe to flash the ROM and then Wipe Dalvik & Cache again.
- For maintaining root, flash SuperSU.
- Wait until the installation completes and then reboot.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram