Download and Install LG K8 2017 Stock ROM (Firmware) [Back to Stock ROM]: Have you ever upgraded your Android device or installed a custom ROM? If yes, then there is a slight probability that you might not have liked it and you would have wanted to go back to how things were previously. For going back to the previous firmware, you will need to revert back to the stock ROM. Today, in this post, we are going to share with all LG K8 2017 users how they can easily download and install the stock ROM for LG K8 2017. Going back to the stock ROM is an exceptionally easy task which can be completed within a matter of minutes if you know the correct steps. However, there is also a slight chance that you might end up bricking your device, which is why you need to follow the steps properly if you want to revert back to stock ROM (firmware).
LG K8 2017 comes equipped with a 5.0-inch display screen with HD resolution of 1280x720p, and a 293 PPI density. It comes packed with a Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 Quad Core 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 308 GPU, 1.5 GB RAM, and a 16 GB ROM storage capacity. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat and has a 2500mAh removable Li-Ion battery. Its other features include a 13.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2, Accelerometer, NFC, GPS, USB OTG, and more.
In case you are an LG K8 2017 user who has been scouring the internet for the perfect guide to help them revert back to stock ROM then your search ends now. In this post, we are going to give you everything that you need to go back to stock ROM. First, we will give you all the basic details about custom ROMs after which we will give you a step-by-step manual to help you install it on your device.
If you want to download and install Stock ROM on LG K8 2017, then you must consider this guide. This guide has been arranged step by step for the ease to follow but don’t try to skip any step because every step has it’s importance in this guide, if you didn’t follow the guide correctly you can end up bricking your device. We have collected more information about LG K8 2017 Stock ROM down if you want you can read it from down.
Install Stock ROM on LG K8 2017 (Back to stock, Unbrick, Unroot and Fix Bootloop)
There are loads of benefits of having the stock ROM of an android device.You can Fix Bootloop and Black screen issue by flashing back the stock firmware.If you are facing some software related issues, then you can flash the stock ROM to fix that.You can Unbrick and unroot your device by flashing back the stock firmware which will give you your device’s warranty back.
What Is Stock ROM and What are its benefits?
Stock ROM’s are the ones that come pre-installed with phones or tablets. These are the versions of Android developed by the OEM’s for making their phones look unique. They also come with pre-installed with certain apps.
The reason for the usage of Custom ROM’s over Stock ROM’s are:
1) Security: These ROM’s are developed by big companies and hence there are fewer chances of malware/ virus affecting the phone.
2) Warranty: Installing a Custom ROM needs root access and this voids warranty of your smartphone in most cases. A lot of OEM’s do not allow the root access or customization.
3) Pre-installed apps and features: A lot of these ROM’s come with pre-installed apps which are sometimes useful. These apps vary between different manufacturers and even for models. Some OEM’s also give their customers premium features like Launchers, wallpapers, home screen, etc.
The Advantages Of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your LG K8 2017.
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem.
- Upgrade and Downgrade LG K8 2017.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- To fix the lag or stutter on LG K8 2017.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help about any problems within our reach
- LG USB drivers should be installed on your PC
- This is Only For LG G4 US Cellular US991
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
Steps to Download and Install LG K8 2017 Stock ROM
- Download and Install LG Flash tool on your PC (download section above)
- Download LG K8 2017 Stock ROM
- Now Boot your device into the download mode, you can do by pressing and holding Volume down button while connecting it to PC using USB cable.
- Now Open Lg Flash tool on your PC (tapping LGFlashtool2014.exe)
- Once launched, Choose GSM type from the menu
- Go to “Select Kdz file”, find and locate the downloaded firmware file. (Stock ROM)
- Then just select normal Flash and don’t do any other changes
- Click ‘start’ to begin the Flashing process. It will take some time so wait till the process is completed
- Once Flashing done, your device should be unbricked and you should have the stock ROM / Firmware on your device.
If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask in the comment section. 🙂
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page