Samsung has started rolling out the October 2019 security patch for the Galaxy S9 and S9+ models. The latest software update is currently rolling out in the Germany region based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update comes with the G960FXXS6CSI4 software version with no other improvements. It’s worth mentioning that the October 2019 Android Security Patch Level brings the vulnerability fixes for Android Pie running devices.
Meanwhile, the October 2019 patch fixes issues that hackers can affect Android devices remotely. Whereas Android 10 is now official and One UI 2.0 will soon roll-out to the device officially. The Samsung One UI 2.0 will be based on Android 10 and come with core Android 10 features.
Check for OTA Updates Manually
The Galaxy S9 October patch update is currently available only for Vodafone customers in Germany. As the OTA update is rolling out via batches, it may take some time to roll-out completely. You can manually check for the OTA update on your Galaxy S9 device. Open the Settings menu on the phone > tap on the Software update > then tap on the Download and install option. However, if you want to manually flash the software update on your Galaxy S9 device via Odin flash tool, follow the guide mentioned below.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so kindly proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure the battery is charged up to 60% or above.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Follow the guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows | Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging on your device. Guide
- Create a Nandroid backup on your device. Check out the guide.
- You will require a Windows/Mac PC or Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download all the required files such as firmware, tools, drivers from below. Then proceed to the installation part.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) – G960FXXS6CSI4 | Firmware Link
- Download ODIN Latest Built
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
Steps to Install October 2019 Patch for Samsung Galaxy S9
- Download the October patch update file for Galaxy S9 from the link given above.
- After downloading the latest ODIN flash tool from the above link, install it on your computer.
- Then follow our in-depth guides on how to download and install official Samsung firmware files via Odin!
We hope this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the latest software update on your Galaxy S9 device. Feel free to ask in the comments below if you have any queries.