The all-new affordable OnePlus smartphone has recently arrived in the market named OnePlus Nord. We all know that OnePlus is very active and dedicated towards providing powerful devices at a very competitive price tag. OnePlus devices always come with better software support, better cameras, industry-leading OxygenOS, and pretty much everything. OnePlus users are also getting strong third-party developers’ supports than any other OEM. So, users are always interested in customizing their OnePlus devices like TWRP Recovery, Custom ROM, and more. Here you can download and install the TWRP Recovery for the newly launched OnePlus Nord device.
OxygenOS is known for its wide-range of developer support and users always prefer third-party customizations and flashing other files in order to get a more unique look and feel with more functionalities. That comes with flashing a custom recovery, installing root access, flashing mod files, custom firmware, and more. However, Android users always have to unlock the device bootload at first to get eligible for third-party customizations.
Talking about the TWRP Recovery, it’s a third-party fully-featured and easy-to-use custom recovery file that can be used on Android devices by flashing it as a stock alternative. But the stock recovery doesn’t have advanced options to play with it. While the custom recovery like TWRP has so many useful features for all the noobs or advanced users that can be used in a simple way. Once done, users can easily flash third-party firmware, patch updates, root file, mod file, take a Nandroid backup & restore, performing the factory reset, and more.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked. Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need an unlock code.
- Install Custom Firmware file
- Can install Root and Unroot also
- Install Custom Modules after Rooting
- Take a full Backup with System Image (Nandroid backup)
- Restore the backed-up data
- Features advanced options than the Stock Recovery
- Full Wipe Data including Dalvik, Cache, System, Vendor, etc (If any)
- Manually flash incremental OTA update files
- Format or Repair Broken Partitions
Steps to Unlock OnePlus Nord Bootloader
Follow the given steps to boot the OnePlus Nord into the Bootloader mode in an easy way.
- You have to press and hold the power button for a few seconds
- Now tap the Power Off option when the Power Menu appears
- Now you have to Wait for the OnePlus Nord to completely turn off
- Then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time
- Continue holding these two buttons down until you boot into Fastboot Mode
- Once device booted into Bootloader mode, connect your device with PC or Computer.
- Now Go To The ADB Folder and open Command window there (To Do so, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu)
- The Command Prompt window will open.
- Type the following command and hit Enter to check whether your connected device is running in bootloader/fastboot mode or not:
- Now, you will see a device code which means your device is connected to bootloader mode.
- Type the following command and press Enter to unlock the bootloader easily:
fastboot oem unlock
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, you can either reboot your device manually or type the below command and hit Enter:
- That’s it. Your handset bootloader is now unlocked.
OnePlus Nord TWRP – Link (unofficial)
Disclaimer: It’s recommended to do the task at your own risk and to be on the safer side, please keep a backup of your current files.
- Make sure the battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- The stock ROM should be installed on your OnePlus device.
- This TWRP file and guide are applicable for OnePlus Nord.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery for OnePlus Nord
- Update your handset to the latest stock firmware before unlocking the bootloader.
- Now, check How To Unlock Bootloader On Android devices
- Download the TWRP file and extract the .gz file using 7-zip.
- Now, Enable the Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a Nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Guide: Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows (Important)
- Next, run the below code using Fastboot mode on the PC.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, flash the TWRP by following the command below. (Change the twrp.img name with the actual twrp file name)
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Boot your device into the TWRP Recovery mode.
fastboot reboot recovery
- You’re done. Now, you can install custom firmware or root on your device using the TWRP Recovery.
Keep visiting the blog for more info.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.