Guide: Download and Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 for Redmi Note 4 (Android 7.1 Nougat).Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 users can now Update Redmi Note 4 to Android 7.1 Nougat via Unofficial Lineage OS 14.0
Very few people know about how to properly root a device and what all are the software used while rooting such that you don’t lose data or damage your device. People who know how to root must know this fact that once you root your device, you lose the warranty and any damage caused to your device is not covered by the company. There are some worst-case scenarios such as when your device gets bricked and you have no option but to change the device. Cyanogen was one of the most famous mods used for rooting but after it was discontinued, LineageOS came into the picture and took over the mantle of being most used for rooting devices.
LineageOS is one of the best available custom ROMs which is free, community built and aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 Nougat OS. It is designed specially to increase the performance and reliability over your stock Android OS of the device which you use.
LineageOS is often termed as the “rebirth of Cyanogen Mod” as both of these custom ROMs are almost identical. LineageOS is based on Android Open Source Project with some extra contribution from technicians of Android Community. This custom ROM can easily be used without you needing any Google application installed on your device. LineageOS will change the completion of your device for the good and give you exciting features which wouldn’t be available in your stock Android OS.
Very special thanks to abhishek987, Member over Xda for sharing the unofficial LineageOs 14.0 Ported ROM For Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.Follow the guide to safely Download and Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 for Redmi Note 4
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
- Make sure your Device has a working custom recovery (TWRP).Guide How to install TWRP recovery and root Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon)
Download the firmware (Important)
For Bug list or updates check the source Xda thread here
Guide on How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 for Redmi Note 4
You will be needed to follow these instructions for downloading and installing LineageOS 14.0 on your Redmi Note 4. But before starting the process, you need to download some files which are mandatory if you want to root your device.
Follow these simple instructions to Download and Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 for Redmi Note 4
- Download the firmware. (Download section)
- Now download the latest build of LineageOS and GApps for your device from the download section above
- Transfer all downloaded files to your Phone via USB cable from your PC
- Now reboot your device to recovery.
- After rebooting to recovery, flash the firmware, build and GApps.
- Now reboot your device again.
Hope you found this article helpful. If you have queries let us know in the comment section below.