Download and Install Galaxy A8 2018 May 2018 Security Patch OTA Update | Build number A530FXXS2ARE2: Samsung Galaxy A8 is the latest device to join the Samsung’s Galaxy A lineup. The Galaxy A8 2018 is now getting the May 2018 update with build number A530FXXS2ARE2. Most of the Galaxy devices have already received the update. This is an incremental update not a major one but as it contains the latest patch, we highly recommend to update your device.
If you are Galaxy A8 2018 user, you may already have received the May Security Security Patch OTA update notification on your device. We highly recommend you to install the update to be on the safer side. Android system should be updated to the latest build to stay safe from the malware attacks. The Update is being rolled in few regions and will take some time to be available across the globe.
This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in May 2018 which comes with May 1 security patch update. This update comes with other bug fixes and stability improvements and you should get some improvements in the speed of the phone also. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Galaxy A8 2018 which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
Manually Update Galaxy A8 2018 To A530FXXS2ARE2 May 2018 Security Update
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner.
Galaxy A8 2018 A530FXXS2ARE2 May 2018 Security Patch
- Android version: 7.1.1
- Security patch level (SPL): May 1, 2018
- Baseband version: A530FXXS2ARE2
- Region: Global
- Network: Unlocked
Download Galaxy A8 2018 A530FXXS2ARE2 May 2018 Security Update
How To Install Galaxy A8 2018 A530FXXS2ARE2 May 2018 Security Patch OTA Update
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device. To do that switch off your phone and hold volume Up + Power + Bixby (bootloader mode > then select recovery), then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Galaxy A8 2018
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining