Download and Install Galaxy S9 May 2018 Security Patch OTA Update | Build number G960FXXU1BRE5: Samsung’s current flagship the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus were released this year and like all previous generation Galaxy flagships, these are getting regular updates both incremental and major. Previously it has received April 2018 patch update and this time it is getting the latest May 2018 security patch update with patch date of May 1st, 2018. The update is currently rolling in a few regions.
If you are Galaxy S9 user, you may have received the May Security Security Patch OTA update notification on your device. We highly recommend you to install the update to be on the safer side. Android system should be updated to the latest build to stay safe from the malware attacks. The Update is being rolled in few regions and will take some time to be available across the globe.
This update comes with the latest security patch update which was released by Google in May 2018 which comes with May 1 security patch update. This update comes with other bug fixes and stability improvements and you should get some improvements in the speed of the phone also. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Galaxy S9 which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
Manually Update Galaxy S9 To G960FXXU1BRE5 May 2018 Security Patch
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner.
- First Navigate to Apps > Settings
- Tap on search and look for Software updates and click on that
- Now enable Download updates automatically so that software will be downloaded automatically in future. Now to manual download click on Download updates manually.
- If a system update is available, download and install the update by following the on-screen prompts.
- Galaxy S9 G960FXXU1BRE5 May 2018 Security Patch
- Android version: 8.0
- Security patch level (SPL): May 1, 2018
- Baseband version: G960FXXU1BRE5
- Region: Germany
- Network: Unlocked
Download Galaxy S9 G960FXXU1BRE5 May 2018 Security Update
- Download May 2018 Patch update G960FXXU1BRE5 | credit: sammobile
How To Install Galaxy S9 G960FXXU1BRE5 May 2018 Security Patch OTA Update
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device. To do that switch off your phone and hold volume Up Bixby (bootloader mode > then select recovery), then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Galaxy S9
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/flash-ota-firmware-updates-using-adb-fastboot-commands/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#f9396c” color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: location-arrow” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install OTA Firmware Updates Using ADB sideload[/su_button]
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/how-to-install-a-stock-firmware-using-odin/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#f9396c” color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: location-arrow” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install A Stock Firmware Using Odin[/su_button]
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining