Download and install Android 8.1 Oreo ROM On Vibe K5/K5 plus [Pixel Experience ROM]: The Android 8.0 Oreo update has already rolled out to many devices from different manufacturers. But Google is not seen ready yet to give out the Android 8.1 Oreo update for devices from other manufacturers. As of now, only the Google devices have the Android 8.1 installed on them. There has been no sign of confirmation about the 8.1 oreo update arriving for non-Google devices. Even if it comes out only a few devices will get this latest version of Android.
At the same time, an unofficial Android 8.1 Oreo for Vibe K5/K5 plus is out now. The Rom is been developed by a senior member of XDA [email protected] The new ROM is stable enough and packs in most of the features available with the Android 8.1 Oreo. As this is the initial ROM coming out for Vibe K5/K5 plus there can be minor bugs, which are expected to be solved very soon.
Your device should have root access and TWRP recovery should also be installed to install this latest ROM. The download links and installation procedure is given with this article please read through. With the Android 8.1 ROM, you will also need to download the latest Gapps supported by Android 8.1 Oreo to have the full experience.
Full Custom ROMs List >  Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus (Oreo and Nougat)[/mks_pullquote]
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for Vibe K5/K5 plus users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- Pixel Experience ROM for Vibe K5/K5Plus | Development Page
- Android 8.1 Oreo Gapps For Vibe K5/K5Plus
Steps To Install Android 8.1 Oreo ROM On Vibe K5/K5 Plus [Pixel Experience ROM]
- Save the downloaded files to your device
- Boot your device on to TWRP recovery
- Take a nandroid backup when n TWRP recovery
- Perform a factory reset by going into Wipe > Advanced wipe>Select wipe cache, dalvik cahe, system, and date
- Swipe to confirm the reset
- Tap on install
- Select the downloaded ROM file
- Swipe button to start flashing
- Again wipe cache b following the step 4
- Reboot your device
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.