Download and Install LG Stylus 2 Stock ROM (Firmware) [Back to Stock ROM]: Hello guys! I’m sure there must have been times when you would have installed a new update on your Android device but it wasn’t according to your liking which would have then made you wonder if you could possibly revert back to the stock ROM. The answer is yes, it is possible to revert back to the stock ROM. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss how you can download and install the LG Stylus 2 Stock ROM easily. While updating your device using official updates or custom ROMs is highly beneficial as it gives you a wide range of benefits and added features, but not all updates have the potential to make the Android users fall in love with them instantly. For such users, the solution is to go back to the stock ROM (firmware). Reverting back to the stock ROM will turn your device into how it was when you purchased it initially.
LG Stylus 2 is an exceptional device which comes with a long list of excellent features and specifications. It has a 5.7-inch IPS LCD display screen with HD resolution of 1280x720p, Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 Quad Core 1.2GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 306 GPU, 1.5/2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM storage capacity, and a removable Li-Ion 3000mAh battery. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, and its other features include a 13.0 MP rear camera, an 8.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, and more.
If you are an LG Stylus 2 user who is not happy with the updates and want to revert back to the stock ROM, then this post will be exceptionally helpful for you. In this post, we will give you a detailed information regarding stock ROMs while we will also give you a step-by-step guide to help you revert back to the stock ROM.
If you want to download and install Stock ROM on LG Stylus 2, then you must consider this guide. This guide has been arranged step by step for the ease to follow but doesn’t try to skip any step because every step has it’s importance in this guide if you didn’t follow the guide correctly you can end up bricking your device. We have collected more information about LG Stylus 2 Stock ROM down if you want you can read it from down.
Install Stock ROM on LG Stylus 2 (Back to stock, Unbrick, Unroot and Fix Bootloop)
There are loads of benefits of having the stock ROM of an Android device.You can Fix Bootloop and Black screen issue by flashing back the stock firmware.If you are facing some software related issues, then you can flash the stock ROM to fix that.You can Unbrick and unroot your device by flashing back the stock firmware which will give you your device’s warranty back.
What Is Stock ROM and What are its benefits?
Stock ROM’s are the ones that come pre-installed with phones or tablets. These are the versions of Android developed by the OEM’s for making their phones look unique. They also come with pre-installed with certain apps.
The reason for the usage of Custom ROM’s over Stock ROM’s are:
1) Security: These ROM’s are developed by big companies and hence there are fewer chances of malware/ virus affecting the phone.
2) Warranty: Installing a Custom ROM needs root access and this voids warranty of your smartphone in most cases. A lot of OEM’s do not allow the root access or customization.
3) Pre-installed apps and features: A lot of these ROM’s come with pre-installed apps which are sometimes useful. These apps vary between different manufacturers and even for models. Some OEM’s also give their customers premium features like Launchers, wallpapers, home screen, etc.
The Advantages Of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your LG Stylus 2.
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the bootloop problem.
- Upgrade and Downgrade LG Stylus 2.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- To fix the lag or stutter on LG Stylus 2.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Related Posts[/su_heading]
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help about any problems within our reach
- LG USB drivers should be installed on your PC
- This is Only For LG G4 US Cellular US991
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
Steps to Download and Install US Cellular US991 LG G4 Stock ROM
- Download and Install LG Flash tool on your PC (download section above)
- Download US Cellular US991 LG G4 Stock ROM
- Now Boot your device into the download mode, you can do by pressing and holding Volume down button while connecting it to PC using USB cable.
- Now Open Lg Flash tool on your PC (tapping LGFlashtool2014.exe)
- Once launched, Choose GSM type from the menu
- Go to “Select Kdz file”, find and locate the downloaded firmware file. (Stock ROM)
- Then just select normal Flash and don’t do any other changes
- Click ‘start’ to begin the Flashing process. It will take some time so wait till the process is completed
- Once Flashing done, your device should be unbricked and you should have the stock ROM / Firmware on your device.
If you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask in the comment section. 🙂