Guide: How to safely Download & Flash/Install Official Marshmallow Yu OS On YU Yureka, Yuphoria & Yunique (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow)
Few days ago, Yu tale ventures has released Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware Update for its YU series smartphones, such as Yureka, Yuphoria, Yunique.It is an Open source OS from Yu called “Yu Open OS”.The company released the beta builds of the OS.If you want to try out the Yu Open Os on your Yu device then follow the step by step guide to Install Official Marshmallow Yu OS On YU Yureka, Yuphoria & Yunique.
Very Special thanks to Rahul.S, over yu forum for sharing the Yu OPEN OS firmware files.Now you can Flash the Beta Firmware files using ADB & fastboot commands.This guide requires a computer.
[symple_box color=”red” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Note: The Yu Open OS is currently in beta/nightly so there may be few bugs.We don’t recommend using this as your daily driver[/symple_box]
Official Marshmallow Yu Open OS is now available For YU Yureka, Yuphoria & Yunique (Beta Buids)
- Setup ADB & fastboot On your Computer
[symple_box color=”green” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]
Windows Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
Mac or Linux Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Make sure that you have installed the usb drivers
- More than 50%battery life is needed
[icon name=”download” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Downloads
Download Yu Open OS for Yureka [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] HERE
Download Yu Open OS for Yuphoria [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] HERE
Download Yu Open OS for Yunique [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] HERE
How To Flash Official Marshmallow Yu OS On YU Yureka, Yuphoria & Yunique
- Download the right Firmware file then unzip it, you will get boot, system and recovery images.Copy all the files to the ADB Folder
- Now Connect your phone to your PC, open a command window from ADB Folder.
- Now issue the below command. It will boot your phone into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then issue the below command (for Yu Yureka) and tap Enter key. Your device should be listed in the command prompt. If not, you need to install the right Fastboot drivers for your device
fastboot -i 0x1ebf devices(For Yuphoria, type fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices and for Yunique, type fastboot devices)
- Now enter the below commands one-by-one (these commands are for Yureka).This will flash the YO Open OS Marshmallow Firmware
fastboot -i 0x1ebf format userdata fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash boot boot.img fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery.img fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash system system.img fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash userdata userdata.img fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem lock fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device
- Done!!!! your device should be running the latest nightly build of Yu Open OS Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware
If you have Any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂
Source : Yu forums