In this guide, you will learn How to Safely Download & Flash / Install OnePlus X Oxygen OS 2.2.1 OTA Update.The process is very simple and easy.We will be sharing full detailed step by step guide to manually Update OnePlus X to OxygenOS 2.2.1.
OnePlus has released OxygenOS 2.2.1 OTA update for OnePlus X.The Update is also available For OnePlus 2,We have already posted an article on How To Download & Install OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS 2.2.1 OTA Update.This is a very important OTA update comes with many bug fixes, Security patch update, General bug fixes, and optimizations
Bug Fixes: Fix for data leak while roaming , Fix for microphone being muted when using Google Hangouts, Fix for app drawer not launching when google search bar is hidden, GMS 3.0 upgrade, APN update to support Tigo carrier.
If your device’s bootloader is locked & Oneplus X is not rooted then you can get the update via OTA.To update to go to settings->about phone->System update.It is a very simple way to Update your OnePlus 2 to latest OxygenOs 2.2.1 (non-root users)
But If your OnePlus X is rooted then you have to manually flash the OxygenOs 2.2.1 OTA Update Zip File via stock Recovery or Custom Recovery.Don’t worry we will share the full step by step guide to Flash / Install OnePlus X Oxygen OS 2.2.1 OTA Update[symple_box color=”green” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Update [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download OxygenOS 2.2.2 for OnePlus X (OTA & Full ROM) [/symple_box]
- Download & Install Oxygen OS 2.2.0-X On OnePlus X
- Download & Install CM13 ROM On OnePlus X Android Marshmallow 6.0
*Make sure there is at least 60% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
→This guide is only for OnePlus X so don’t try on other OnePlus devices
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your OnePlus X while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Download & Install OnePlus X Oxygen OS 2.2.1 OTA Update →
Manually Flash / Install Oxygen OS 2.2.0-X Update On OnePlus X
Step By Step Guide
→Take a nandroid backup of your ROM and Data if you are using TWRP recovery.Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- First of all, download the Oxygen OS 2.2.1 OTA zip file from the download section
- Now move the downloaded zip file to your phone internal memory via USB cable comes with OnePlus X
- Then boot your Oneplus X in recovery mode.(Switch off your OnePlus X and then just hold Volume up button, and then press the power button once, and you shall see the stock recovery on your Android Phone)
- Now your phone will boot in recovery mode.Now Follow this guide to Install the ROM > How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android (Use Cyanogen Recovery method for stock recovery and for TWRP use TWRP recovery)
DONE!!!You have successfully Installed Oxygen OS 2.2.1 Update On OnePlus X.To check the Oxygen Os Version go to the setting and check the android version and Oxygen Os version.
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.