In this guide, you will learn How to Download & Install CM13 ROM On OnePlus X Codename ” Onyx “Android Marshmallow 6.0.It is a very simple and easy process, so just follow the given steps carefully.
OnePlus X is the latest smartphone from OnePlus.It is the first OnePlus device to feature a 5 inch Super AMOLED screen.All the specs of the device are same as OnePlus One.But the Snapdragon 801 CPU is slightly underclocked compared to OnePlus One.It is an entry level smartphone.OnePlus X is undoubtedly one of the best smartphones at its price range.
OnePlus is now using its own custom android skin called OxygenOs.OnePlus has not started rolling out any marshmallow 6.0 updates for any of its device.But don’t worry guys.If you have a OnePlus X, then you can flash any third party custom ROM based on latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow.There are few Marshmallow ROMs available for the device.But in our opinion, the best choice is CyanogenMod 13 a.k.a CM 13
There is an unofficial working CyanogenMod 13 ROM available for OnePlus X.This CM13 ROM is developed by ashwin007, Senior Member over Xda.This is a homemade ROM and currently, in beta stage means there will be few bugs present but in future updates, all the bugs will be fixed by the developers.For more details on the Bug lists and latest updates on the ROM visit this official Xda Post.So if you want to try Android 6.0 Marshmallow On your OnePlus X then this is the ROM to go with.Follow our step by step guide to Safely Flash / Install CM13 ROM On OnePlus X Android Marshmallow 6.0
This ROM is not developed by team CyanogenMod but based on their CM 13 source code and latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow.It is a very clean ROM with some added extra useful features.You will also get the DOZE Mode resulting in good battery life.Below we will be sharing Full step by step guide to Flash / Install CM13 ROM On OnePlus X onyx
Now Official CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM is available for OnePlus X.Link is below↓
Supported Devices: This guide is only for OnePlus X Codename onyx
*Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your OnePlus X while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Guide > How to Unlock bootloader of Oneplus X
- Make sure you have a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM) Install On your device.We recommend TWRP Recovery.Guide > How to Install Twrp Recovery in Oneplus X
- Now from TWRP Recovery →Take a proper Nandroid backup so that you can restore anytime you need. Guide > How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Safely Flash Unofficial CM13 ROM On OnePlus X
How To Flash / Install CM13 ROM On OnePlus X Android Marshmallow 6.0 ROM
Step By Step Guide
*First of all, read the Pre-Requirement section carefully, then follow the given steps to Flash Unofficial CM13 On OnePlus X
- Now Download Both Un-Official CM13 and Gapps Zip file from the download section above
- Next Connect your OnePlus X to Your Pc via provided USB cable
- Then Copy both downloaded files to the internal memory of your OnePlus X
- Now reboot your device to Recovery mode.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now follow this guide to Flash The CM13 On OnePlus X –>>How to Install CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Via TWRP Recovery
- After Flashing the CM 13 ROM, now Flash the Gapps ->> How To Download & Install CyanogenMod 13 Gapps
→ If you want to enable root access on CyanogenMod 13 then follow this guide–>>How to Enable Root Access on CM13
If you have any questions related to this post feel free to ask in the comment section.
→ Source pages are listed in the download section as development page