OxygenOS 4.7.6 for OnePlus 5T Is Now Available As Full ROM and OTA: After the rolling out of latest Android 8.0 Oreo-based OxygenOS update for OnePlus 3/3T and OnePlus 5, the OnePlus 5 T users where confused why there is no update for them. And finally OnePlus is coming out with the OxygenOS 4.7.6 for OnePlus 5T. Although not an Ore-based update, the OxygenOS 4.7.6 is coming out with a lot of new rich features for the users. The Oreo-based update is also reported to come soon as an open beta update for OnePlus 5T soon.
The new rolling out update, the OxygenOS 4.7.6 for OnePlus 5T is also coming out with a lot of improvements and features. The main features of the update includes a new face unlock assistive lighting, improvements in camera, and improvements in other apps. Other than all these the latest Android security patch is also included with the update.
The update started to roll out as an Over the Air or OTA update and many users have already received it.. If you are a OnePlus 5T user and didn’t receive the update, you will probably receive it in the coming days. You also have an option to download and flash the update manually. The steps to follow to do a manual flash of the update on to your OnePlus 5T will be explained in this article.
- ElementalX Kernel now available for the OnePlus 5T
- LineageOS 15.1 source code now available on Github for the OnePlus 5T (Dumpling)
OxygenOS 4.7.6 for changelogs
- Improvements in stability
- Low light selfie improvements
- 3rd-party camera app performance improvements
- Face unlock assistive lighting added
- Expanded screenshot improvements
- Wi-Fi display improvements
- December security patch from Google added
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5T users.
- Make sure that you have latest ADB and fastboot drivers installed on Windows and Mac/Linux.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Download OxygenOS 4.7.6 for OnePlus 5T (Full ROM + OTA)
Steps to install OxygenOS 4.7.6 On OnePlus 5T
You can use two different methods to install the downloaded OxygenOS 4.7.6 update on your OnePlus 5T manually. Both the methods are listed below, please read through to find out.
ADB and fastboot method:
This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do it. USB debugging should be enabled on your OnePlus 5. The steps to do the installation are:
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer (Check Pre-Requirement section above)
- Move the downloaded update file into the ADB folder
- Boot your OnePlus 5T into recovery mode
- Select Install from ADB Sideload
- Connect your phone and computer
- Open the ADB folder and click shift+right click and open command here
- Enter the adb devices command to check your connection
- If the connection is ok, enter the adb sideload file_name.zip to flash the update
- Reboot the device when process is completed
This method allows you to install the downloaded update directly from your OnePlus 5T. The steps to do this are:
- Save the downloaded update file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 5T
- Open settings
- Tap on system updates
- Tap on the settings icon
- Select local upgrade
- Select the saved OTA update file
- When prompted select upgrade now option
Hope you are clear with the installation guide. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.