Guide to Enable Google Assistant On Android Nougat 7.0: Google’s new set of devices, the Google Pixel and the Google Pixel XL have been killing it lately, not because of the already-amazing hardware, but because of the new and improved software as well. This time around, Google has added a ton of new software tips and tricks that only a Pixel owner will be able to enjoy.This guide will help you to Enable Google Assistant On Android Nougat
One of those many things is the integration of the Google Assistant. Google Assistant is Google’s answer to Microsoft’s Cortana, Apple’s Siri, and Amazon’s Alexa. Google Assistant can be triggered with only a long press on the home key, and all you would need to do then is speak.
Alright, let’s cut to the chase. If you are looking for a way to install the new Google Assistant on your non-Pixel device, then look no further! We will be showing you all a way which can easily convert your non-Pixel device into a Pixel one, quite literally! But ensure that your Android device is running Android Nougat or higher. Let’s begin.Follow the given steps to Enable Google Assistant On Android Nougat
Steps to Enable Google Assistant On Android Nougat 7.0
- Make sure your Android device is rooted and has all the required permissions.
- Go over to the Google Play Store, and grab the ES File Explorer. We’ll be needing this to change a system file.
[appbox googleplay id=com.estrongs.android.pop googleplay ]
- Once installed, open the application, and grant it root privileges when prompted.
- Now, navigate to the System location, and find a file named build.prop.
- Long press on it, and tap to edit it.
- Find the lines “ro.product.model” and “ro.opa.eligible_device” in the build.prop file and change them as below.
ro.product.model=Pixel XL ro.opa.eligible_device=true
- Reboot your device
Voila! You have basically tricked your device into thinking that it is actually a Google Pixel, so this will also allow you to use the hidden Google Assistant application. If you have any queries, refer us in the comments section down below.