Call of Duty®: Black Ops – Cold War is one of the most popular games of the Call of duty series. There are intriguing missions, impressive graphics, stellar gameplay, and different exciting game modes. Despite being such a highly-rated game, it isn’t without its bugs and glitches.
Recently, many COD Black Ops Cold War users have been facing the game crashing with error code 0xc0000005 error. In this guide, you’ll get to know about different methods to fix COD Black Ops Cold War crashing with Error Code 0xc0000005 issue.
Method 1: Restart the game
If you’re getting the 0xc0000005 error when playing COD Black Ops Cold War, you should try to restart or reboot and it’ll likely fix the bug. Ensure that you’re restarting the game first and checking for the error. If nothing changes, you’ll need to try one of the fixes mentioned below.
Method 2: Check for any pending Windows OS updates
- Press the Windows key or Start button and then click on Settings
- Inside Windows Setting and then click Update and Security
- Choose Windows Update and then click on the “Check for Updates” button
- Install any new updates that are available at this point
Method 3: Install the newest graphics drivers
- Right-click the Start button and it’ll be located at the bottom left of the screen
- Choose “Device Manager” and you’ll be able to access it through the Control Panel
- Select Display Adapters
- Right-click the adapter that you’ll find under the Display Adapters category
- Choose “Update Driver” and wait for a couple of minutes to complete the entire process
- Once it is completed, the issue will be fixed and you’ll see improved performance when you play the game again
Method 4: Repair the game files
- On your PC, open the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app
- Look for the Black Ops Cold War icon and then click on it
- Look for Options and then click on Scan and Repair
- Select “Begin Scan” and wait until the repair finishes
- Check if the issue has been fixed
Method 5: Check the RAM chips
Many players state that the 0xc0000005 error in the game can be caused by a fault in the hardware, especially the memory chips or RAM. Unfortunately, there isn’t a direct way of checking if the RAM is the department causing this error on your PC. However, if you’ve tried the above solutions and nothing has worked, you should try and replace the RAM and see if the issue is resolved.