OnePlus company released new flagship device earlier this month. The new flagship device is named as OnePlus 5T which is the upgraded version of OnePlus 5 which is in released middle of 2017. The most readily visible change in OnePlus 5T is display, which is now tall, trendy 18:9 6-inches bezel-less display at 2160×1080 pixels at 401 PPI density. It is packed with the 16+20MP dual primary camera and 16 MP front-facing camera. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, 6/8 gigs of RAM with 3400 mAh battery. It comes with Android Nougat out of the box.
What is FreedomOS?
FreedomOS is an improved version of FreedomOS with new features and customizations. For OnePlus 5T, FreedomOS provides Dash charge, RRO Layer, Install/Uninstall, DPI changer features for System Apps and Google Apps (GApps), Viper4Android which is the Audio Mod that improves your device speaker and headphone performance.
FreedomOS is one of the popular ROMs for OnePlus devices. FreedomOS has an active community where they frequently discuss the issues and features of the ROM. Follow the below guide to install FreedomOS on OnePlus 5T.
Thanks to the NevaX1 senior XDA member for developing this ROM.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5T Smartphones.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend taking complete backup
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
Note: This ROM is included with GApps. So, you don’t need to download and Flash them separately.
Steps To Install FreedomOS On OnePlus 5T
- Download the FreedomOS ROM zip file and Stock Recovery zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T
- Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select “Wipe” from TWRP main menu and do a “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select FreedomOS ROM (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once your ROM is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot to System from the TWRP main menu.
Hope you have successfully installed FreedomOS on OnePlus 5T. Let us know how FreedomOS treated you.