In this guide, you will be able to learn How To Root OnePlus 5T and Install TWRP Recovery: OnePlus has surprised us all by releasing the OnePlus 5T with its 8 GB Ram and the iPhone sort of look from the back, and it indeed is the best Android device around for the price you pay.
The OnePlus 5T is a true successor to the OnePlus 5, it is good in many ways. It has the new Snapdragon 835 processor, 8GB of RAM, a 16 MP and 20 MP dual camera setup, and much more.The OnePlus 5T is OnePlus’s latest flagship phone. This phone’s powered by the Snapdragon 835 chip and has 8GB RAM along with 128GB onboard storage.
The OnePlus 5T sports a 6.01″ 1080p Optic AMOLED display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. It also comes with an improved dual camera setup, with the secondary camera sensor now being paired with a relatively wide 27.22mm lens with an F1.7 aperture. The OnePlus 5T runs on Oxygen OS 4.7 based on Android 7 Nougat, and it comes with a few new features like Face Unlock.
However, something that OnePlus might not be too persistent about is software updates. This is where the sweet world of tweaking, flashing and rooting comes in. With root access and a compatible recovery, you can basically master your Android device without any issues. With root access, installing custom ROMs, flashing kernels, flashing mods is just a breeze. In this guide, we will give comprehensive steps in order to learn How To Root OnePlus 5T and Install TWRP Recovery.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootoader to be unlocked.
Unlock OnePlus 5T Bootloader
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
How to Root OnePlus 5T and Install TWRP Recovery
If you want to root your device then you have to install TWRP via Odin then you can flash the SuperSu to get root access.
#1 Installing TWRP On OnePlus 5T
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For OnePlus 5T (Download section above)
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 5T
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-twrp-recovery-via-fastboot/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device[/su_button]
#2 How to Root OnePlus 5T
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/enter-oneplus-5t-recovery-bootloader-mode-fastboot/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To to Boot OnePlus 5T Into Recovery Mode [/su_button]
1. Using SuperSu (Root OnePlus 5T )
- Download the latest SuperSu.zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
2. Using Magisk (Root OnePlus 5T )
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-magisk-on-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install Magisk On Android Device [Universal Systemless Interface for Android[/su_button]
- Done!! This will Root OnePlus 5T successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!