In Europe, the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4S has been updated to the latest August 2020 security patch update. Last month the device has received the July security patch as well.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4S in some Europen countries has started grabbing the August 2020 security patch update via OTA. These countries are Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia etc. The update brings build version number G398FNXXU7BTG4.
As we mentioned it above the update brings the latest security patch update which was released by Google in August Security. Most of the security vulnerabilities have been addressed. It also brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4S which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
- Device Name: Galaxy Xcover 4S
- Model: SM-G398FN
- Region: Europe
- Android version: Android 10
- Build Number: G398FNXXU7BTG4
- Android Security Patch Level: 1st August
- August 2020 Google Security patch
- Bug Fixes
- Security and Performance improvements
[su_note note_color=”#dcedf1″ text_color=”#000000″ radius=”2″]
✔ How To Download G398FNXXU7BTG4:
You can download any Galaxy firmware using Samfirm Tool, Guide: Download Latest Galaxy Firmware using SamFirm Tool
Using Frija Samsung Firmware Download Tool
Check sammobile website to get the latest firmware for your device
Steps to Install August 2020 Security Patch on Galaxy Xcover 4S
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Installation Guide (Manual Flashing using Odin)
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On your Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
[su_note note_color=”#60f894″ radius=”2″]
NOTE: Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to good wifi and your device has more than 50% battery life remaining [/su_note]