The US Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (SM-G988U1) has started getting the August 2020 security patch update with build version number G988U1UEU1BTH3.
If you are the US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G user (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Tracfone, Bluegrass, and Nextech), you may have already received the August 2020 Security Patch OTA update notification on your device.
If the update has not been on your device’s system update section, then just wait for few more days for the update to come, else you can manually download and flash the G988U1UEU1BTH3 August 2020 Security Patch on the US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G using Odin by following our guide.
US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G August Security Patch update is picked up in the US
As we mentioned it above the update brings the latest security patch update which was released by Google in August Security. Most of the security vulnerabilities have been addressed. It also brings some bug fixes which were available in the previous build. Thus, you should download and install the update to your Samsung US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G which will come as an OTA update to your phone.
You can manually check for the update from Settings > Software update >Download updates manually. If there is no update showing on your device, then wait for few days for the update to come to your device as it is being released phase-wise manner or you can manually flash the full firmware using Odin Flash Tool.
- Device Name: US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Model: SM-G988U1
- Region: US Unlocked (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Tracfone, Bluegrass, and Nextech)
- Android version: Android 10
- Build Number: G988U1UEU1BTH3
- Android Security Patch Level: 1st August
- August 2020 Google Security patch
- Bug Fixes
- Security and Performance improvements
[su_note note_color=”#dcedf1″ text_color=”#000000″ radius=”2″]
✔ How To Download G988U1UEU1BTH3 :
You can download any Galaxy firmware using Samfirm Tool, Guide: Download Latest Galaxy Firmware using SamFirm Tool
Using Frija Samsung Firmware Download Tool
Check sammobile website to get the latest firmware for your device
Steps to Install August 2020 Security Patch on US Unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
[su_note note_color=”#ffded9″ radius=”2″]
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach
Installation Guide (Manual Flashing using Odin)
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On your Galaxy device
- If you want to sideload the OTA then follow the guide below
- If you want to Install the Full Firmware File then follow the guide given below (Odin Method)
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.
Note:Before installing the updates, make sure your device is connected to a good wifi and your device has more than 50 percent battery life remaining