Galaxy S6 G920FXXU6ERC1 / G920FXXU6ERC9 March 2018 Security Update (Patch OTA): Samsung has started rolling out the March 2018 security patch OTA update to Samsung Galaxy S6.Samsung has also rolled out March Security Patch OTA Updates for the latest Galaxy devices like Galaxy A8 2018 and Flagships like S8 and S8 Plus.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 was the flagship device of Samsung.It comes with a 5.7-inches Super AMOLED display with 2K/QHD screen.It is powered by Exynos 7420 Octa processor coupled with 3GB of RAM.It comes with32/64/128GB internal memory options which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card.It sports a 16MP rear camera and 5MP front camera for selfies.The Galaxy S6 runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box.It houses a non-removable Li-Ion 2550 battery.
This new software update has been made available and the users are receiving it via OTA. For receiving this update, all that you need to do is turn on the Wi-Fi network on your device -> Go to the Phone settings -> Then go to the “About” option in the settings menu -> Press the “Software Update” option and check if the OTA update is available or not.
The update brings loads of bug fixes and system improvements. The G920FXXU6ERC1 / G920FXXU6ERC9 March security patch OTA Update is a small update but if you want to download the full firmware then it will be a large file so you need a working internet connection to download the update.
If you are a Galaxy S6 user who has not yet received the official OTA update and are willing to download it manually, then this post will be really beneficial to you. In this post, we will give you the details on how you can easily download and install Galaxy S6 G920FXXU6ERC1 / G920FXXU6ERC9 March 2018 Security Update
Samsung Galaxy S6 (G920F) G920FXXU6ERC1 / G920FXXU6ERC9 Details
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S6
- Model: G920F
- Android version: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Build Number: G920FXXU6ERC1 / G920FXXU6ERC9
- Android Security Patch Level: 1 March
- Have a backup of all your important data.
- Have more than 50% battery backup on your device.
- You must have the USB Drivers installed on your device.
- USB Debugging must be enabled on your device.
- You must have Odin installed on your PC.
Download Galaxy S6 G920FXXU6ERC1 / G920FXXU6ERC9 March 2018 Security Update (Android 7.0 Nougat)
How To Install Galaxy S6 G920FXXU6ERC1 / G920FXXU6ERC9 March 2018 Security Update (Android 7.0 Nougat)
- First, download the firmware file from the download section above
- Now Enter the recovery mode on your device. To do that switch off your phone and hold volume up + power + home button.Once you are in bootloader, select recovery to enter recovery mode, then follow the linked guide below to Install Security Patch Update On Galaxy S6
If the installation is successful, you will see the message Pass in the Log Tab.