How to get Android 8.0 Oreo Adaptive Icons feature on Android 5.0 Lollipop, 6.0/6.1 Marshmallow and 7.0/7.1 Nougat Devices: Android 8.0 Oreo has finally hit the market and the users can’t seem to get enough of all the amazing features it has to offer. The “Adaptive Icons” is one such cool feature of Oreo which styles the apps icons in accordance with the launcher or the system theme. It will also give a consistent look on the phone. In this post, we will be telling you how you can get Android 8.0 Oreo’s Adaptive Icons feature on any device having Android 5.0 Lollipop and more using the latest beta version of Nova launcher v5.5.
The Nova Launcher beta v5.5 gives you an Android 8.0 Oreo-like Adaptive Icons support for any smartphone running on Android 5.0 Lollipop or above. This amazing feature will bring a uniform shape for the icons. For example, you will be able to give a square look to all the icons regardless of their respective shapes.
If you are intrigued by this amazing feature and are eager to use this feature on your smartphone, then follow this guide mentioned below to safely get Android 8.0 Oreo Adaptive Icons feature on Any Android devices running Android 5.0 and above.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Related Posts[/su_heading]
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
How to enable the Adaptive Icons feature using Nova Launcher v5.5
- First of all, install the Nova launcher by going to the link mentioned above, and set it as your default launcher.
- Long press on any empty space on your device’s home screen and then tap on Settings.
- Go to the Settings -> Look & Feel -> Adaptive Icons.
- Now, select any desired icon shape from the list available.
- If you feel like masking the legacy icons, then enable the option ‘Mask legacy icons’.
- Done!! Now, enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo’s adaptive icons on your smartphone.