Honor has released a new software update for the Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, and Honor Play 9A smartphones. The latest OTA update brings the March 2022 security patch. For Honor 20 series phones, the update is not just limited to vulnerability fixes as it also brings new features and optimizations.
Honor Play 9A is receiving its latest software update with the build version 188.8.131.52, an upgrade from the baseline version of 184.108.40.206. The March 2022 security patch includes fixes for 14 high levels of CVEs and 2 medium levels of CVEs to improve system security and privacy.
For Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro, the March security patch update comes with the HarmonyOS 2 version number 220.127.116.11. According to the changelog shared by Huaweiupdate, it adds support for “connecting with some Huawei watches, bracelets, and MateView, which can be easily connected with a single pull”. The update also includes optimizations for anti-mistouch operation experience in game scenes.
With the latest update, Honor has added the “Elderly Care” settings interface to the auxiliary function. It helps in settings functions such as extra-large font, touch delay, and more.
- Honor Play 9A: 18.104.22.168→22.214.171.124
- Honor 20/20 Pro: 126.96.36.199 -> 188.8.131.52
[Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro]
- Added support for connecting with some Huawei watches, bracelets, and MateView, which can be easily connected with a single pull.
- Optimize the anti-mistouch operation experience in game scenes.
- Incorporate the March 2022 security patch to enhance system security.
- A new “Elderly Care” setting interface has been added to the auxiliary function, which is convenient for you to complete the settings of related functions such as extra large font and touch delay on the same interface.
[Honor Play 9A]
- Integrates security patches released in March 2022 for improved system security.
The March 2022 security patch update for Honor 20, 20 Pro, and Play 9A has just started to roll out. Hence, it may take a while to reach all users. Meanwhile, you can navigate to Settings >> System & updates >> Software update >> Check for update to manually look for new builds.