The Oppo sub-brand Realme has recently developed and released its own customized UI called Realme UI which is typically based on ColorOS 7 (Android 10). Now, the company has started providing beta updates to its Realme X2 series devices for those who’ve participated in the beta program. Whereas the official stable update is expected to release after a couple of weeks or so. However, the Android 10 version has already announced a couple of months ago, the Android lovers or interested users may get excited to use the early beta version of the Realme UI by any means. So, if you’re one of them and want to manually install the update, you can check out the full guide on How To Install Realme X2 & Realme X2 Pro Realme UI Beta easily.
Meanwhile, the reports are also coming out that the second beta update is preparing for these two Realme X2 and Realme X2 Pro models. As we all know each and every beta build comes with some known or unknown bugs or stability issues which can be fixed later for the stable version. This first beta build also has some issues like Game Space issue, single-tap lock screen not working, etc. The new firmware update brings a build number RMX1992EX_11_C.03 for the Realme X2 and RMX1931EX_11_C.20 for the Realme X2 Pro.
Realme UI Beta Features (Android 10)
The Realme UI Beta update brings the latest security patch version, plenty of new features, design overview, simple stock-like user interface, improved system performance, and most of the native Android 10 features as well. The Realme X2 and Realme X2 Pro users are getting personalized custom icons, improved lock screen, Focus mode, PaySa app, improved gaming mode, new stock wallpapers, and more. Now, check out the full changelog below:
Realme X2 & Realme X2 Pro Realme UI Beta Update – Changelog
- Updated UI to Realme UI
- Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Smart Sidebar
- Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
- Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
- Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release it to take a long screenshot.
- Navigation Gestures 3.0
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added whole new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Added pause feature for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system built-in ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- New management feature for recent tasks: You can view the memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
- Added new live wallpapers.
- Added artistic wallpapers.
- Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on the home screen.
- Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the home screen.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operation.
- Support for animated wallpapers on the lock screen.
- Added a Simple Mode for the home screen, featuring larger fonts, icons, and a clearer layout.
- Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, the network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Added audio source selection for screen recording
- Optimized the Camera UI for a better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
- Realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
Download Realme UI Beta Update Firmware:
This OTA update will work on both Indian and European Realme X2 Pro. While you will need to sideload the Gapps file for Realme X2 firmware.
- Take a backup of all your data just to be on the safe side if any incident happens. [Also try Nandroid Backup]
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Make sure that the device has more than 50% battery percentage.
- You will require a PC or Laptop and a USB cable.
- Make sure to unlock the Realme X2 bootloader and Realme X2 Pro bootloader.
- USB Drivers for your Android should be installed on the PC.
Steps to Install Realme X2 & Realme X2 Pro Realme UI Beta Update Manually
- First, download and copy the firmware file on your device storage according to the model.
- Install TWRP for Realme X2 and TWRP for Realme X2 Pro.
- Switch off your handset and press & hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds until the TWRP Recovery menu appears.
- Go to Wipe – Advanced Wipe – Select Dalvik cache, system, data.
- Swipe the slider to delete.
- Go back to the main menu and tap on Install.
- Locate and select the downloaded firmware zip file and swipe to flash it.
- Wait for the complete installation – Go to Wipe – Format Data – type ‘Yes’ & press Enter.
- The device data will be deleted and the system will boot automatically.
- The first boot may take some time. Enjoy!
We hope you’ve updated your Realme X2 and X2 Pro to the latest Realme UI Beta version successfully.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.