Xiaomi 12T Pro is an exciting offering from Xiaomi and it features an impressive specs sheet and holds a wide range of interesting features. Although, due to its region restrictions, it still remains a underrated and underappreciated smartphone.
If you shift your attention to custom development, it’ll slowly but surely be blessed with several mods and tweaks. There are many custom ROMs and a working recovery that you can install on your device. To do that, you’ll first have to install TWRP Recovery. In this guide, you will get to know how to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi 12T Pro.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi 12T Pro
Step 1: Install Android SDK
To start off, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google. You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC. Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Then, you will need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your smartphone. The former makes your smartphone recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. Meanwhile, it’ll allow you to easily boot your smartphone to Fastboot Mode.
OEM Unlocking will be needed to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. You’ll need to go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build Number 7 times -> Return to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer Options -> Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on your Xiaomi 12T Pro
You’ll also need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi 12T Pro if you’re looking to install TWRP Recovery. Remember that doing this will wipe off the data and might even make your device’s warranty null and void.
Detailed Guide: How to Unlock bootloader on Xioami, Redmi and Poco Phones (MIUI Unlock Bootloader Guide)
Step 4: Download the TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi 12T Pro
- You can get hold of the unofficial TWRP Recovery corresponding to the device by going to the link mentioned below –
TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi 12T Pro – Download
- Once it is downloaded, you can extract it
- Then, head over to the extracted folder and copy the TWRP IMG file
- Transfer the file t the platform-tools folder on the PC and rename it to twrp.img
Step 5: Boot your device to Fastboot mode
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using USB cable while ensuring that USB debugging is enabled
- After that, go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting Enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Then, type in the following command in the CMD window for booting your smartphone to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- For verifying the Fastboot connection, you should type the following command and you’ll get back the device ID –
Step 6: Temporary boot Xiaomi 12T Pro to TWRP Recovery
- Go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting Enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Type in the below-mentioned command in the CMD window for temporarily booting your Xiaomi 12T Pro to TWRP Recovery –
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Your smartphone will boot to TWRP
Step 7: Permanently install TWRP
- From TWRP, you should head over to “Advanced” before tapping on Flash Current TWRP
- With that, TWRP will now be installed permanently on your device
If you want to root your device, you can follow our guide: How to root your Xiaomi/Redmi/Poco devices via Magisk