LG V30 is the latest flagship device from LG and it is also considered one of the best flagship Android smartphone of 2017. LG V30 comes with the Snapdragon 835 processor, 4GB of RAM and a dual camera setup. LG V30 was officially launched at an event a few weeks back and the device is already popular among Android enthusiasts.
If you are one among those lucky people to own a LG V30, you might have probably wondered how to root your device or how to install a custom ROM on it. Before you root your device, you have to unlock your bootloader and have a custom recovery like TWRP installed to proceed further.
Once you successfully install a custom TWRP recovery on your LG V30 and root your device, you can proceed to install various custom ROMs supported for your device. Android Custom ROMs usually come with an upgraded Android version than the one running the stock ROM on your device and you also get additional features and customization options. Follow the below guide to install TWRP Recovery and root your device.
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- [LineageOS 15] Official Lineage OS 15.0 Device List (Android 8.0)
- Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- The Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Take a backup of your important data
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC .Guide > Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows
- Now Enable Developer option.Go to Settings –> About phone –> tap Build number seven times to enable “Developer options”
How To Install TWRP Recovery & Root LG V30
Read the Pre-Requirements
- First Download TWRP Recovery for LG V30
Follow this guide to Install TWRP Recovery On LG V30 using Fastboot commands Guide > How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
Now you can Root your device by flashing the SuperSu File using TWRP recovery
How to Safely Root LG V30
- Download the SuperSu.zip or Megisk root file and put it in internal memory of your device
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode (Just switch off your device and the press volume down and power button simultaneously for 5 sec and then leave it to boot into recovery mode)
- Now follow the guide to Flash SuperSu Via TWRP to root your LG V30. Guide > How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Done!!! Your device is now rooted
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.