Root your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 through Magisk Patched Boot: In the foldable smartphone world, Xiaomi is one of the very few players that can give tough competition to Samsung. As for the software side, the Chinese OEM has long stood out from the crowd and this foldable device is definitely following that route. Be it for installing TWRP recovery, flashing GSI ROMs, or installing a plethora of custom mods onto your device, there’s a lot to do.
However, it’s actually the device’s ability to gain administrative privileges that are usually at the top of the priority list for tech enthusiasts. If you’re also of this belief, then this guide is important for you. Here, you’ll get to know how to root your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 through Magisk Patched boot.img file.
How to root Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 through via Magisk Patched Boot File
Install Android SDK
To start off, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC or computer. It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google. You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC. Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder.
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Then, you will need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your smartphone. The former makes your smartphone recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. Meanwhile, it’ll allow you to easily boot your smartphone to Fastboot Mode.
OEM Unlocking will be needed to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. You’ll need to go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on MIUI number 7 times -> Return to Settings -> System -> Developer Options -> Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Unlock the Bootloader on your smartphone
You’ll also need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 if you’re looking to root your phone via Magisk. Remember that doing this will wipe off the data and might even make your device’s warranty null and void.
Download Fastboot ROM for Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Then, download the Fastboot ROM for your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2. Ensure that you’re downloading the same firmware version currently installed onto your device. You can either download the file from MI’s official website or through a third-party site like Xiaomi Firmware Updater.
Extract stock boot.img
Once you’ve downloaded the ROM, you should extract it to a convenient location on your PC. Once extended, you should go to the Images folder. There, you will get all the partition files in IMG format. Copy the boot.img file and then send it to your smartphone.
Patch Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 Stock Boot.img file through Magisk
- First, you need to install the Magisk App on your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
- Tap on the Install button located next to Magisk
- In the Method Section, you should choose Select and Patch a file
- Browse to the extracted boot.img file and then select it
- Tap on the Let’s Go option located at the top right
- Magisk will load the boot.img file and patch it accordingly
- Once it’s done, you’ll get the Download Complete message
- The patched boot image file will get saved in Internal Storage -> Downloads
- Ensure that you rename the file to magisk_patched.img if it’s already not the case
Boot your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB cable, and ensure that USB Debugging has been enabled
- Then, go to the platform-tools folder and type in CMD in the address bar before hitting enter to launch the Command Prompt
- Type the following command in the CMD window for booting your device to Fastboot mode –
adb reboot bootloader
You will see the MI bunny Logo alongside the Fastboot text written under it. This signifies that your device has booted to Fastboot Mode.
Flash Magisk Patched Boot.img and then root Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
- To start off, ensure that you have successfully transferred the magisk_patched.img file to the platform-tools folder
- After that, type in the following command in the CMD window for flashing the Magisk Patched file –
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once it’s done, reboot your smartphone to the OS using the following command –