Easily Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi Y1 (Redmi Note 5A/Prime): Xiaomi releases a single device with different names in different markets. These devices are budget-friendly and very popular among the mass and class. The Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is also named as Redmi Note 5A for the Global variant and Redmi Note 5A Prime for the Chinese Market. The device was a huge hit. The phone comes equipped with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels.
The Redmi Y1 from Xiaomi is a budget smartphone which has a lot to offer when the price tag is considered. The main marketing tool from Xiaomi for this device is its selfie camera with Beautify 3.0 and rich selfie light. The device comes with a 16-MP sensor at the front, which promises to deliver the best of performance. while coming onto other features, the device is powered by the Snapdragon 435 Octa-core processor which is supported by a 3GB of RAM and a 32GB ROM
Like most of the Android smartphone, Redmi Y1 (Redmi Note 5A/Prime) also comes with an unlockable bootloader. If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP recovery.
Rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Redmi Y1 (Redmi Note 5A/Prime) while following this tutorial. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have installed Xiaomi drivers on your PC.
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot Tools On your PC
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
How to Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Redmi Y1 (Redmi Note 5A/Prime)
- Enable the Developer Option, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock (Go to Settings > About phone > MIUI Version. Click 7 times on the MIUI Version to enable the Developer Option. Now Go back to Settings > Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock.)
- Now again go to Settings > Mi account > MI Cloud > Enable Syn and Find Device
- Now login to Mi Cloud Server to check whether your device is syn or not. If there are other device syned with your mi cloud, remove them.
- Download Mi Unlock tool – CLICK HERE. Once you download the file, Extract the MiFlashTool Zip file
- Now Go to the extracted files and open MiFlashUnlock
- A new disclaimer page will appear, read it and click Agree
- Now you will be asked to Log in. Log in with your Mi Account, If you don’t have one then Sign UP – CLICK HERE to Sign Up
- Now boot your Redmi Y1 (Redmi Note 5A/Prime) to Fastboot/Bootloader mode and connect it to your PC via provided USB
- Your device will be shown as connected.
- Now Click On Unlock. It will show some warning, escape that. It will start the unlocking process automatically.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your device. Your device’s bootloader should be unlocked. You can check the bootloader lock status from the settings.
So that’s it for today’s simple guide. If you have any question regarding this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section down below
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.